Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custom box mods

Options
  • 24-07-2016 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

Would love to make one of these with a removable lipo the only issue is I can't seem to find an enclosure big enough to accept a lipo pack that's bigger than 2200mah. I was hoping to fit a 4000mah or higher but the dimensions of such a battery would fill the entire box and the lid wouldn't fit on.

This will be a regulated mod using vw chip but must read up some more before I decide. The higher the wattage limit the better.

Has anyone here built or had one made? Is there anyone in Ireland who makes them?

Also if there's any 3D printing or cnc service that anyone can recommend that would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Christ those are big Lipos,

Just to be clear, you realise the mah reading on a lipo does not equal the mah rating of an 18650.

You need to look into watt hours as the unit of measurement, rather than mah.

A VERY rough way to do it it multiply the mah rating of a lipo x3 to give it somewhere the same rating as an 18650.

If you did know all this already, all I'll say is the box will be stupid big.

Also, look up 'Tippy Modz' on Facebook. Irish made to order mods, regulated, mosfet, squonk.

I'd love one of them.

Also you can buy ready to go build yourself kits from websites. Might have to get the lipo yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

Aha yeah I knew there was a rule but just couldn't remember it cheers :D

Ah cool I will look up modder on Facebook. Yeah I might pick up a dna 200 pack as a parts kit because none that I found had a box big enough.

As a way of describing the true size it I expect it to make a 46mm fatboy rda look normal

Mostly I see 3S lipos being used. Not sure if they have to be that standard, but I've never seen anything else. They are three cell, that's why you multiply by three for a vague comparison. Watt hours is the true way.

And FullyMax are supposed to be one of the best brands of 3S lipos.

There is an american site where I saw the DNA 200 packs, where they will do a paint job on the box for you. I think they were like 80 dollars for dna75 and up to 120 dollars for dna200. But the shipping was like 50 dollars :o

Also I don't think they are the size you would want?

And then supply your lipo. He has how to vids on the builds if you want me to look for them.

I think the YiHi chips might be cheaper, but if you are spending so much, the extra for dna200 chip is a small price in the overall cost.

after some more diging I found the Hammond 1590R1 which is 192mm x 111mm x 61mm this should fit a wide variety of batteries.

I think I will be going with the dna200 chipset although i is really expensive and I cant seem to find one without the USB charge port. I do not wish to charge the battery internally i was hoping to attach connectors like deans or xt60's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I would say the usb port is for the DNA software...

ah yes of course how could I forget. does the USB/ chip come with this feature enabled/ connected or will i have to join the two. From what i can see the usb port is stuck directly onto the board but not entirely sure if it comes that way

Advertisement