Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend away ideas?

• 24-07-2016 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hello fello members, im seeking some information.
    Me and my girlfriend are looking to go away for a night or two in ireland in the next few weeks.
    Im 23 shes 22,were not crazy into clubbing or anything like that just looking for a nice night or 2 away to have some quality time with eachother. Weve been away in dublin cork and galway before.
    I was thinking are there any good events,comedy gigs,musiv events things like that on anywhere in the country in the next few weeks that would be a suitable place for a fella to take his girlfriend and have some qaulity time with her but also a bit of crack.

Any feedback atall very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I could really get myself in trouble here!

OP you may not have noticed that you have posted in the forum for Oulwans 'n' Oulfellas. Now, O&Os are as fond of a nice weekend away as the next person, but what suits us might not suit you! I will leave this here as you might get some helpful suggestions, but if you would like me to move it somewhere else, I will :D

It just occurs to me that, depending on where you are from you may not be aware that Oulwan is an Irish name for an 'old woman' and Oulfella, rather more obviously for a man.

Rose of Tralee in Kerry or Puck Fair ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktow14

looksee wrote: »
    I could really get myself in trouble here!

OP you may not have noticed that you have posted in the forum for Oulwans 'n' Oulfellas. Now, O&Os are as fond of a nice weekend away as the next person, but what suits us might not suit you! I will leave this here as you might get some helpful suggestions, but if you would like me to move it somewhere else, I will :D

😂😂my bad! What was i thinking 😂 any chance you may be able to move it somewere a bit more suitable for me perhaps? 😆

Hm, I have just realised that there really isn't a suitable forum! I could transfer you to a regional forum if you had an idea which section of the country you would like to be in? Meanwhile you could still get some ideas here.

This might help in the meantime http://www.findfestival.com/ireland/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Might be a nice question for us O & O's as well for weekends away, or even midweek breaks? But absolutely NO B----GO weekends please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

We're blessed in this country with top class hotels that have spas, pools, good food and country walks. There's no end to the options available to us old folk with a few bob of a pension and able to go midweek or during school term.

They won't be giving me a pension for a while yet, the stingy mangy ratz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

Off topic but in order to avail of Golden Years rates, do both people have to be over 50 or 55 or whatever the age is?

Do they look for proof of age?

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    They won't be giving me a pension for a while yet, the stingy mangy ratz!

What????? I retired at 54. Are you that young? You sound old enough to be long retired. ;)
    anon71 wrote: »
    Off topic but in order to avail of Golden Years rates, do both people have to be over 50 or 55 or whatever the age is?

I've never availed of Golden Years offers. I haven't seen them anywhere I've stayed.
    I'd imagine both need to be over 50. And if the wife looks older than her years they probably wouldn't ask for proof. Tell her to lay off the make up when there.

• Advertisement

What????? I retired at 54. Are you that young? You sound old enough to be long retired. ;)

I believe I am old enough but don't they delay it by another year now, I have to wait until 2017! I wannit, and I wannit, LOIKE NOW!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

anon71 wrote: »

They didn't when I snuck in a couple of times as part of a group that mostly looked over 55.

Rose of Tralee in Kerry or Puck Fair ?

Well OP, the least you could have done after all my effort is reply:(

Well OP, the least you could have done after all my effort is reply:(

We are all altruistic around here. We don't do it for the thanks. To imagine that somebody somewhere has gained something from our efforts is enough.

OP posted in the wrong forum so has probably left this building by now. Nice of the OP to give us an interesting question which we O & O's can use. We accept it gladly and are thankful for the benefits it may bring us. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

ktow14 wrote: »
    Hello fello members, im seeking some information.
    Me and my girlfriend are looking to go away for a night or two in ireland in the next few weeks.
    Im 23 shes 22,were not crazy into clubbing or anything like that just looking for a nice night or 2 away to have some quality time with eachother. Weve been away in dublin cork and galway before.
    I was thinking are there any good events,comedy gigs,musiv events things like that on anywhere in the country in the next few weeks that would be a suitable place for a fella to take his girlfriend and have some qaulity time with her but also a bit of crack.

Any feedback atall very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Too late now but there is this weekend in Waterford the Spraoi
    http://www.spraoi.com/

We are all altruistic around here. We don't do it for the thanks. To imagine that somebody somewhere has gained something from our efforts is enough.

Well, it would be nice to know that they "have" gained something from our efforts.
    Their lack of thanks or feedback defies the laws of reciprocity and doesn't encourage one to contribute again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

OP, Why not see how Ireland used to be ?

Head to somewhere like Killegar where grass grows in the middle of the roads and not a bit of new tarmac has been laid in decades.

0lddog wrote: »
    OP, Why not see how Ireland used to be ?

Head to somewhere like Killegar where grass grows in the middle of the roads and not a bit of new tarmac has been laid in decades.

No need to head that far so. Across the road and round the first corner from my house is just like that.

;)

That's not how Ireland used to be though. It used to be that there was nice new tarmac all over that road, but now it has got overgrown, so its how Ireland is now.

Now I have to give out to myself and tell me to get back on topic...weekends away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Love these little stories.

Rubecula wrote: »
    Love these little stories.

Have to admit that most threads are improved by the odd diversion!

Have to admit that most threads are improved by the odd diversion!

Indeed they are a little diversion now and aga........ ooh look a squirrel

Indeed they are a little diversion now and aga........ ooh look a squirrel

Grey or red?

The Aga, not the squirrel.

Grey or red?

The Aga, not the squirrel.

green for both. The squirrel is slightly rotten. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

How about Tramore Race Week (this week). Horses galore (not my thing) and plenty of music/singing in the local pubs and hotels.

Plus a walk along Tramore's famous beach.

Plus surfing and of course you can go for a swim (not me, I'm too old and feel the cold) in the sea

Of course there is the Fleadh in Ennis very soon ....... lots of music, craic and good times
    if you can find accommodation!

If you are not too far from Dublin why not pop over to Anglesey as they have a big car boot sale on a weekend (After September the first it will be Sat and Sun, until then just a Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Of course there is the Fleadh in Ennis very soon ....... lots of music, craic and good times
    if you can find accommodation!

'Sure they can stay with me. I have the spare room all fixed up. They can mind our new puppy for an hour a day and I'll even throw in a fry up every morning.

• Advertisement

If you are not too far from Dublin why not pop over to Anglesey as they have a big car boot sale on a weekend (After September the first it will be Sat and Sun, until then just a Sunday.

Don't let me near your boot sale! I may never go home again. I loved my last visit to a boot sale in the UK, t'was huge, about twenty times the size of our local boot sales. I could have bought tons of stuff except I was travelling home by air!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Don't let me near your boot sale! I may never go home again. I loved my last visit to a boot sale in the UK, t'was huge, about twenty times the size of our local boot sales. I could have bought tons of stuff except I was travelling home by air!

I was expecting you to say you bought a load of boots lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭coleen

Would it be a good idea to put up deals that we see in our area that we know that would be good value
    I have seen two in escape.ie 1 for Tralee for Benners hotel for €49 for a night B&B it is a nice hotel and in town centre also Holiday Inn in Killarney on the same site both good price .
    So if people saw things in their area that they know are good value we would like to know

escape.ie goes directly to cosypatch ...... an eye patch or something.

what is that escape site supposed to be?

I think you will find it is escapes.ie with an 's'. The eyepatch thing is a bit strange!!

I think you will find it is escapes.ie with an 's'. The eyepatch thing is a bit strange!!

Thanks!

Yes that eye patch threw me :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement