Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking The Kerry Way

Options
  • 24-07-2016 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi there,

In just over a week I will be taking to Killarney to walk 3 -5 stages of the Kerry Way. I will be camping for most if not all nights and would like to make it to Cahersiveen, possibly Waterville by the end of day 5. I am also looking at the possibility of finishing in Glenbeigh, if needs be.

What I am wondering is, what is the public transport back to Killarney like from Glenbeigh, Cahersiveen and Waterville, respectively? I will be travelling from Dublin by train to Killarney (hopefully) and would be looking to get back to Killarney station.

Any advice on this would be so helpful, thanks in advance.

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Hi
    There's a bus service, bus eireann will have timetable on website. Route goes from Killarney to Cahersiveen etc.
    Hope this helps & hope weather good.
    Service is reliable from what I can remember. Used to be a busy bus at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Aimeee wrote: »
    Hi
    There's a bus service, bus eireann will have timetable on website. Route goes from Killarney to Cahersiveen etc.
    Hope this helps & hope weather good.
    Service is reliable from what I can remember. Used to be a busy bus at times.

Thanks Aimee, that a big help alright, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

The service is not great but people do hitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

The service is not great but people do hitch

I'd disagree. It may not be frequent, but it is reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

VincePP wrote: »
    I'd disagree. It may not be frequent, but it is reliable.

Cheers Vince, any idea how much a single fare is back into Killarney? Gonna be heading off in the morning so trying to budget as best I can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

http://www.buseireann.ie/
    Cahersiveen to Killarney €16.62

Cahersiveen has a couple of ways of spelling - Bus Eireann use "Cahersiveen"

Advertisement