Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vernon mount on fire!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Ah, you're more of a 'shur it'll be grand/keep the recovery going' type.

That may suit your narrative again but I'm afraid that isn't the case. I'm more a discuss the actual issue itself rather than make silly comparisons to rebuilding an old historical city after a war and implying this is a uniquely Irish problem.

The building itself is historically insignificant really in the grand scheme of things. Was worth preserving, but not worth rebuilding IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Ludo wrote: »
    Was worth preserving, but not worth rebuilding IMHO.

Problem is buildings are all too often not preserved until it's too late

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

mordeith wrote: »
    Problem is buildings are all too often not preserved until it's too late

Absolutely. A lot more should be done in this respect. The asylum being another and IMHO much worse example of this recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Ludo wrote: »
    Absolutely. A lot more should be done in this respect. The asylum being another and IMHO much worse example of this recently.

I genuinely fear for the future of that building.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Crazy that the council spent money on the roof of a privately owned house owners should have been more responsible for securing the house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement