Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAVAN-OPENING A RESTAURANT IN TOWN

Options
  • 25-07-2016 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

HI everyone.

Looking for advise mostly from people living in Cavan :D

We have an opportunity to take over Restaurant and run it. We are looking long time now for our own place, but we are not from Cavan area. All our research is done in co.Meath.

The questions:

1 Is Cavan busy? Is there a good market for new restaurant?
    2 What is the current situation with Cavan Restaurant? Are you happy with food quality? Which one is your favorite?

We work in Restaurant business for over 15 years and have a great experience. Only thing is, we dont know Cavan's market very well.

Thank you for your advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,570 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There are quite a few good cafe's in Cavan and they seem to all mostly do brisk lunch and evening trade.

Evening Restraunts, there are some but I would there is room for another depending on style and how well executed it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SmolkoSK

_Brian wrote: »
    There are quite a few good cafe's in Cavan and they seem to all mostly do brisk lunch and evening trade.

Evening Restraunts, there are some but I would there is room for another depending on style and how well executed it is.

Thats what I wanted to hear.

Thanks Brian

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The Cavan forum is probably a good place to ask

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=944

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Get yourself up-to Cavan for a week or two. Eat out every lunchtime and every evening.

Count footfall, count covers, count restaurants, estimate average spend based on your observations.........

Chat to customers, chat to owners, chat to surrounding businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SmolkoSK

Graham wrote: »
    Get yourself up-to Cavan for a week or two. Eat out every lunchtime and every evening.

Count footfall, count covers, count restaurants, estimate average spend based on your observations.........

Thanks. Yep. Have been eating there many times recently, but feedback from regular customers and people living in Cavan is must.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Graham wrote: »

Spot on

Park outside a few different places with a notepad and record how many people go in and at what times.

I would always park outside the competition of a prospective site I am interested in from 12-3pm on a Monday, wed and fri and record lunch trade. I'd then return at night and park from 6-10pm and record dinner trade tue-thurs-fri

Do it for the three most similar places in the nearby vicinity of your site and you'll get a far better idea than talking to any customers !

It's incredibly boring, but best market research ever

Advertisement