Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boonpayment - anyone have more info?

• 25-07-2016 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Boon are offering free €10 off your first purchase to anyone who first uses it in Aldi and other Businesses (Sorry, I don't have a list).
    It's provided by Wirecard so should be considered safe enough.
    It's an NFC payment service for Android (I don't think it's available for iOS yet).

http://boonpayment.com/

Minimium requirements:
    Android OS from 4.4
    Android device must be NFC Capable
    Offline payment at checkout possible

To register, you will receive 5 Euro free.
    That short form to fill out, where you only indicate your cell phone number, you get nother 5 euros.
    you Load the app for the first time on a bank transfer, debit or Credit Card, there is again free 5 Euro. That will be 10 euros.
    A few more details:
    As far as I can make out it's a prepaid app and the Cost per month: 99 cent, but the first year is for free.
    Associating a Credit card charges a fee -> 1% of at least 1 euro.
    Debit cards for free to use with it.

It works (apparently) across Europe in any business that chooses to accept it.

Does anyone else have any more information about it? Anyone any experience using it?

Comments

Advertisement