Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bank Holiday trip with 3 big dogs

• 25-07-2016 5:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Thinking to go away for the bank holiday weekend but would be bringing 3 big dogs, 2 of which must be kept on the lead at all times around any kind of sheep, cats, cows etc as they are rescued hunter dogs. Was thinking airbnb but there's not many places coming up at all anywhere decent. Don't want to keep them in kennels and would like somewhere with local walks where they might be able to go off the lead if there's no animals about. Haven't really looked at hotels but again, I wouldn't want them in kennels and would prefer if they could stay in the room. Self catering would be best with a garden they'd be safe in and if they could be let inside.

I know it might be a lot to ask, but if anyone has managed to find any nice spots that would suit the above please share, even if it's booked out this weekend, maybe another time would be good too!

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

There are a few self catering places around, but I'd say a lot of them might be booked up already- you could try Dusty's Place in Donegal. I'm sure they might put you in touch with somewhere if they don't have any availability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I stayed in the Great Northern Hotel in Bundoran , Donegal with 2 westies

http://www.greatnorthernhotel.com/

Not sure about big dog being allowed but our dogs could stay in the room with us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Go to booking.com and filter by pet friendly, you will have to go to their actual website usually to confirm they let dogs in and if extra charge for them. I have a large and medium dog and had no issues in any of the places I went. I think most places are starting to realise there is a niche in the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Angel2016

Thinking to go away for the bank holiday weekend but would be bringing 3 big dogs, 2 of which must be kept on the lead at all times around any kind of sheep, cats, cows etc as they are rescued hunter dogs. Was thinking airbnb but there's not many places coming up at all anywhere decent. Don't want to keep them in kennels and would like somewhere with local walks where they might be able to go off the lead if there's no animals about. Haven't really looked at hotels but again, I wouldn't want them in kennels and would prefer if they could stay in the room. Self catering would be best with a garden they'd be safe in and if they could be let inside.

I know it might be a lot to ask, but if anyone has managed to find any nice spots that would suit the above please share, even if it's booked out this weekend, maybe another time would be good too!

cheers!

There is plenty of hotels around Ireland that take dogs, I am going to one in Galway City Centre in October there is a gorgeous hotel in Kerry too that take dogs and even have a red setter themselves.
    Here is a link you might find useful.

http://www.irelands-blue-book.ie/pet-friendly.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Few years ago now since we visited but this place in Waterville in Kerry was very dog friendly and the meals in the restaurant were fabulous.

http://www.oldcablehouse.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement