Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agent fees

Options
  • 25-07-2016 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick one, is it common to haggle on the headlines fees proposed by an EA or are they normally non negotiable?

We will be selling a property with one of the larger agents (they tend to be successful in achieving high prices in the area and were the agent when we bought the property originally)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

From what I can gather SF don't haggle but the others can be flexible.
    Go with an EA you like and get them to do a sales and marketing proposal for you. I would recommend getting 3 and then pick what you feel is best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Angel2016

From what I can gather SF don't haggle but the others can be flexible.
    Go with an EA you like and get them to do a sales and marketing proposal for you. I would recommend getting 3 and then pick what you feel is best.

Good advice, I got 3 EA to come and value my property before choosing which one to go with and in the end I chose a fairly new EA in Dublin who have a very good reputation for only being around a few years they are charging me 1% plus vat to see the apartment whereas the other two wanted alot more then that and also as I had a tenant I was conscious of her but the two other EA just wanted her out whereas the one I went with worked around her for viewings I found them to be very professional and easy going and got me sale agreed within 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 shelby67

Angel2016 wrote: »
    Good advice, I got 3 EA to come and value my property before choosing which one to go with and in the end I chose a fairly new EA in Dublin who have a very good reputation for only being around a few years they are charging me 1% plus vat to see the apartment whereas the other two wanted alot more then that and also as I had a tenant I was conscious of her but the two other EA just wanted her out whereas the one I went with worked around her for viewings I found them to be very professional and easy going and got me sale agreed within 6 weeks.

Hi Angel,

I get that I am a bit late to the party with my reply but can I ask what estate agent did you use in the end?

Advertisement