Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flye Fit, Coolock burnt down in arson attack!!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Just to update, they came back and refunded me when I mentioned that I would do a charge back instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

**** it :(
    Regrettably we are still waiting for more information and a detailed
    assessment of the internal
    and structural damage caused by the arson attack on FLYEfit gym in Coolock.

There have been some unanticipated complications and the assessment is still
    ongoing.
    Consequently we will be refunding all Coolock members over the next couple
    of days.

Coolock members will automatically receive a pro rata refund of any advance
    membership fees
    paid up to the date of the attack including a full refund of the €25
    joining fee.

Coolock members will continue to enjoy free roaming membership in all other
    FLYE gyms up
    until 26th Aug. After this date all Coolock memberships will be
    automatically cancelled.

You are very welcome to join any of our other six gyms in the Dublin area.
    (Swords, Georges St, South Circular Road, Macken St, Baggot St, Ranelagh).

FLYEfit Group apologises to all our members for any inconvenience caused and
    we thank you
    for the kind comments and positive expressions of support that followed the
    attack on the gym.
    We will of course keep you updated on the proceedings re Coolock as they
    occur.

Warm regards,
    The FLYEfit team

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I see the whole front has been totally renovated now.

They'll probably sublet the unit now.

It's a dark day when scum can dictate to a community what it can and can not have.

Just seen there today, FF has a twenty year lease on that place!.

I wonder how you get out of that one now!.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Most commercial leases will have a clause stating that the rent is suspended in the case of fire. If the building isn't restored within a prescribed period, the parties can forfeit the lease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Most commercial leases will have a clause stating that the rent is suspended in the case of fire. If the building isn't restored within a prescribed period, the parties can forfeit the lease.
    But that will only be the case if the landlord doesn't make the repairs in time. But there may be other ways out.
    The internal repairs will be the FF's obligation and wouldn't affect the lease.

Mellor wrote: »
    But that will only be the case if the landlord doesn't make the repairs in time. But there may be other ways out.
    The internal repairs will be the FF's obligation and wouldn't affect the lease.

The lease on Coolock is €170,000 per year (on a twenty year lease), I'd imagine the LL's are anxious to get a business back in there and earning them money.

I'm not sure how the inside is looking, but the outside has been totally renovated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eirelad003

Every couple of days I get annoyed it's again. Absolute scum operating the rival gyms and coffee shops.

Anyway I think they're all registered as different entities - individual companies.
    So Technically 'Coolock Ltd' or whatever could be wound down. Legitimate circumstances too.

You'll probably find the equipment was leased and so that only painful thing to walk away from would be that amazing fitout.

Again, Scumbags. Absolute scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eirelad003

Every couple of days I get annoyed again. Absolute scum operating the rival gyms and coffee shops.

Anyway I think they're all registered as different entities - individual companies.
    So Technically 'Coolock Ltd' or whatever could be wound down and leave the lease. Legitimate circumstances too.

You'll probably find the equipment was leased and so that only painful thing to walk away from would be that amazing fitout.

I'd love to see it reopen one day, I'd happily pay an extra €10 a month for them to have security or whatever in place. Just to show we won't bow down to the Scumbags. Absolute scumbags.

The lease on Coolock is €170,000 per year (on a twenty year lease), I'd imagine the LL's are anxious to get a business back in there and earning them money.
    20 year lease :eek:
    That's a bit silly on their behalf. Left themselves really exposed if thats the case. A shorter term with multiple options would have made a lot more sense. Especially given how often gyms close down.
    Eirelad003 wrote: »

They might be, but the debts don't just end with the company. The directors would be liable if the LL wanted to recoup losses. It would only apply to the other FF gyms if they had same directors

• Advertisement

20 year lease :eek

Here ya go!.

395758.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Where'd you find that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,658 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hanley wrote: »
    Where'd you find that?

It's on the Property Price Register....or rather you can get to it via the Commercial Lease Register section on it which links through to the PSRA site.

https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/Website/npsra/PPR/npsra-ppr-com.nsf/eStampUNID/UNID-A88DC34DDC0C6DD080257F5A00585358?OpenDocument

As above. :eek:
    Hope they a favourible break clause.
    Wasn't doubting you btw, just pointing out that they were horribly exposed with that.

Wasn't doubting you btw, just pointing out that they were horribly exposed with that.

Oh I never thought for a moment you were, tbh I've no idea how these things work (ie leases, clauses etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I wonder how you get out of that one now!.

The tenants are responsible for the insurance inside but landlord responsible for the actual building itself. I'd imagine landlord knows he may be refused fire insurance in future..
    My guess is landlord will be happy to see the back of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Eirelad003 wrote: »
    Every couple of days I get annoyed again. Absolute scum operating the rival gyms and coffee shops.

So Technically 'Coolock Ltd' or whatever could be wound down and leave the lease. Legitimate circumstances too.

I'd love to see it reopen one day, I'd happily pay an extra €10 a month for them to have security or whatever in place. Just to show we won't bow down to the Scumbags. Absolute scumbags.

Coffee shops?

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Coffee shops?

I'm wondering about that one too

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Baraics Pollox

Any updates on this?

Have a feeling that it won't be opening but part of me is holding out in hope.

It was so convenient for me (as for others I'm sure).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I wasn't using it myself but I hate to see a thug getting their own way like this.

Any updates on this?

Have a feeling that it won't be opening but part of me is holding out in hope.

It was so convenient for me (as for others I'm sure).

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm back in BD's, Northwood now. The weights are not half as plentiful as FF in Coolock but the trade off for me is the pool in Northwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Dubdude

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'm back in BD's, Northwood now. The weights are not half as plentiful as FF in Coolock but the trade off for me is the pool in Northwood.

Northwood are currently fitting out there new strenght and conditioning area and if it is anything like what they done with the carlisle it will be good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Dubdude wrote: »
    Northwood are currently fitting out there new strenght and conditioning area and if it is anything like what they done with the carlisle it will be good.

Noticed that this morning. Will be interesting to see what they do with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LC2017

Closed permantley, heard it on SPIN 1038 this morning.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Email received yesterday evening:
    Dear miamee,

Just a short mail to let you know that following a review of the structural damage to the premises in Coolock a decision has been taken not to re-open.

We would like to thank you for your support and we greatly appreciate the kind wishes from our all our members and from the wider Coolock Community.

Warm regards,

The FLYEfit team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

There's a new Gym going into the old Total Fitness (upstairs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Buckfast W wrote: »
    There's a new Gym going into the old Total Fitness (upstairs)

Is this fit4less?

I've seen it advertised on Facebook but wasn't sure where it was going. Any idea of when it will open?

I'm not to sure here's the link but it doesn't give any information.

http://www.f4l.com/clarehall

I live in Belmayne and pass by it everyday so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

On a side note there's also a new gym opening in Clongriffin, apparently they were fitting the air conditioning the other week so it should be open soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Buckfast W wrote: »
    I'm not to sure here's the link but it doesn't give any information.

http://www.f4l.com/clarehall

I live in Belmayne and pass by it everyday so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

On a side note there's also a new gym opening in Clongriffin, apparently they were fitting the air conditioning the other week so it should be open soon.

I live next to the tesco so should spot it when it opens. Where is the one in clongriffin? Do you know what company is opening that one?

cloneslad wrote: »
    I live next to the tesco so should spot it when it opens. Where is the one in clongriffin? Do you know what company is opening that one?

Dunno what company yet.
    As far as I know its going into one of the buildings down beside the train station. Where the shopping centre is (supposed to be).

• Advertisement

I seen the news in today's Indo. Structural damage my ass.

A real shame that the cops find themselves powerless in dealing with these bastards. A massive loss for the area and a very dangerous precedence.

Advertisement