Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Payrises/cuts

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Got letter from ETB this morn with a form to complete if I'm TUI. Anybody else?

I'm not quite sure I understand what this is about.
    It is none of the business of the employer whether you are in the Union or not.
    Did they clarify why they want to know this information about you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

spurious wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure I understand what this is about.
    It is none of the business of the employer whether you are in the Union or not.
    Did they clarify why they want to know this information about you?

Because the dept circular is not giving the S and S payment to ASTI and are freezing their increments. If you are in a mixed school and TUI the same penalties will apply if you do not declare that you are TUI. Awful scenario

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Because the dept circular is not giving the S and S payment to ASTI and are freezing their increments. If you are in a mixed school and TUI the same penalties will apply if you do not declare that you are TUI. Awful scenario

So if everyone says 'None of your business' the official side will have to think again what to do.
    They cannot use DAS information due to Data Protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

So if everyone says 'None of your business' the official side will have to think again what to do.

I suppose then TUI members in mixed union schools would have to carry out LRA duties (or leave themselves without union protection at all) but incur FEMPI penalties at the same time. It doesn't affect those in single union schools. I'd say DES would be only delighted to allow that play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It's a bit more complex than that. Some schools in ETBs are considered TUI schools as that's all they've ever had. The circular lays out the terms of the different schools. Designated community colleges typically have both unions due to their formation from an amalgamation.

Also TUI have accepted LRA so I don't see the executive committee recommending a rejection of the form any time soon

• Advertisement

You would think with all the subscriptions the Unions would be able to hire one legal eagle to blow this rubbish out of the water.

Has someone checked the constitutionality of all this horse manure?

So glad I legged it when I did, despite the quartering of income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

If you volunteer the info yourself then it's probably all legal!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

How long are increments for asti members frozen? There's so much information going around it's very confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

How long are increments for asti members frozen? There's so much information going around it's very confusing.

Two years until 30th June 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

I'm a newly qualified teacher and beginning my first year on an RPT contract this year. Have been very lucky to get RPT contract with very decent hours straight away. The school however is an Asti school (all teachers are members) but I've just read about the LRA and the fact that NQTs won't benefit from the the Ward Report about CID after a shorter period (I.e. 2 years) if Asti don't sign up. I'm just wondering if you all think, maybe from experience, this is simply a threat or will they continue with the cuts and prevention of getting a CID after two years as claimed? Bit worried and although I am not signed up to the Asti I think I will have to with the entire staff a member of the Union

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yes they will enforce it here until a deal is done and it will be backdated. Of course there may be no deal done either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭doc_17

I'd say a deal will be done by the end of the school year. The adept can't let it go on too long where students in some schools are doing a different assessment than others.

I do think the JC will be decided at the same time as the new entrants pay scales. Maybe not as part of the same deal but definitely as part of a cooling of tensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

I see that the so so-called paper of record has been lapping up propaganda from their buddies in the Department again. No evidence of their educational correspondent talking to actual teachers http://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/non-union-teachers-face-penalties-due-to-industrial-row-1.2744308. From what I hear, the department are being particularly intransigent in talks currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

The level of institutional laziness from Irish newspaper journalists is something to behold. No wonder the levels of corruption that has existed in this state has been allowed to happen when there is an eagerness in newsrooms to accept any amount of lies and spin coming from official channels. I presume the minister's spokesperson here is a politically appointed advisor.

Advertisement