Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon cleaning products

Options
  • 25-07-2016 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭

Any recommended ones? Something to shine bike without being abrasive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭benneca1

I use pledge furniture polish smells nice too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

dahat wrote: »
    Any recommended ones? Something to shine bike without being abrasive.

I use car polish on my bike (Zymol) as it's very easy applied and buffed up and it leaves a waterproof coating. Unless it's bare carbon (without a clear coat) then you can use pretty much anything you want. For bare carbon I'd be using water and light soapy detergent only.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

My bikes are both naked carbon finish. Soapy water when it's proper dirty and baby wipes when the dirt is light enough.

Most carbon bikes I see are painted, which is a shame.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I've bought into 'marginal gains'. I bought some Muck-Off bike cleaner as used by Team Sky. Seems to work well on a matt finish carbon frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

No need for fancy Carbon cleaners and/or polishers then it seems.

Its a Giant Tcr Advanced 1 frame so its painted. Baby wipes it is then with some car polish when needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

I use muc-off on my TCR advanced 1. Think the cheapest I found it, was in halfords: http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-maintenance/bike-cleaning/muc-off-nano-tech-bike-cleaner-1-litre. I find nothing beats a thorough clean, however, with the crappy Irish weather it's too inefficient to have to clean your bike with a wash every 2 - 3 days so I'll probably stock up on some wipes to keep it clean in between the thorough cleans.

Advertisement