Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Siemens SPC 4320 into current setup

Options
  • 25-07-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I've decided that the Siemens SPC 4320 would be the best panel to replace my current panel. Could I drop the panel into my current wireless setup consisting of 433mhz contact sensors, vibration sensors and PIRs. If so what additional hardware would be required to achieve this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What panel have you currently got?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭retepnosnikta

What panel have you currently got?

GE Concord (Phonewatch)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I've decided that the Siemens SPC 4320 would be the best panel to replace my current panel. Could I drop the panel into my current wireless setup consisting of 433mhz contact sensors, vibration sensors and PIRs. If so what additional hardware would be required to achieve this.

Yes you could, using a GE quick bridge receiver.
    Depending on the number of zones you may also need an Spc expander.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes you could, using a GE quick bridge receiver.
    Depending on the number of zones you may also need an Spc expander.

2 door contacts, 5 shocks and 2 PIR's

2 door contacts, 5 shocks and 2 PIR's

Based on this I need a Quikbridge, the SPC 4320 panel, Keypad and the ethernet card for self monitoring.

Is there anything else you can see missing from this list.

Would you have a rough price indication for a Quikbridge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would be able to learn those devices into eight zones so no need for the expander.
    You can contact the suppliers listed in the sticky for more info on pricing.
    The SPC 4320 has ethernet connection on board.

You would be able to learn those devices into eight zones so no need for the expander.
    You can contact the suppliers listed in the sticky for more info on pricing.
    The SPC 4320 has ethernet connection on board.

I assume I need the SiWay module to accomodate the wireless setup between panel and the Quikbridge

I assume I need the SiWay module to accomodate the wireless setup between panel and the Quikbridge

I think I have the final list needed now

1 x Siemens SPC 4320 panel
    1 x Siemens keypad
    1 x Siemens SPCW 110 SiWay receiver
    1 x Quikbridge (for current 433mhz
    sensors)

Is there anything else I've left off this list.

You will only need the Si Way receiver if you need or want to add SiWAY wireless devices. The quickbridge will handle all the existing devices.
    If you are adding the SiWAY receiver make sure you get one with external aerial.The SPC4320 only comes with metal lid.

You will only need the Si Way receiver if you need or want to add SiWAY wireless devices. The quickbridge will handle all the existing devices.
    If you are adding the SiWAY receiver make sure you get one with external aerial.The SPC4320 only comes with metal lid.

What frequencies does the quikbridge handle. Who manufacturers it. Is the Quikbridge hardwired to the panel.

• Advertisement

You can get a quick bridge receiver for 433 or 868 mhz. Its GE /UTC. It is hardwired to the panel.

Advertisement