Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Races 2016 are on!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

Ah that chef loves a bit of controversy for publicity. He has a history of being abusive to customers himself. How anyone can take this guy seriously is beyond me? He already complained about no shows in 2014 yet he still continues to take bookings for race week? We will see next year if he closes down, I am thinking it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

LurkerNo1 wrote: »
    Ah that chef loves a bit of controversy for publicity. He has a history of being abusive to customers himself. How anyone can take this guy seriously is beyond me? He already complained about no shows in 2014 yet he still continues to take bookings for race week? We will see next year if he closes down, I am thinking it's unlikely.

There's more of a chance of him raving in papers again than closing, its free publicity/sympathy for him after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

pure.conya wrote: »
    There's more of a chance of him raving in papers again than closing, its free publicity/sympathy for him after all ;)

Gosh I never thought of that! I mean the restaurant doesn't get enough publicity because of its kitchen, reviews in food columns & publications, and its michelin star. He's actually quite happy to deal with p***heads during race week for all the free publicity/sympathy!! What an ingenious plan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Seems like JP has had enough of the races
    Some people would pay a lot of money for that show!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Tis funny that Jp forgot to mention his other restaurant.....in a pub.....that sells alcohol.....as meal deals.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

This the same lad who ignored an upstairs resident's pleas to keep the noise down when holding a late-night party in one of his other restaurants? Who didn't give a toss that kids upstairs were being kept awake til 5am? Yeah, he has my sympathy alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Back to the races folks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well, that's basically it for another year.. Avoiding shop street and a little more patience than i usually display worked out well for me this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭ratracer

Won't feel Christmas coming round now :0

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

ratracer wrote: »

Damn students will be back first ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

ratracer wrote: »

:mad:

FFS! Post reported!

:pac:

Tuesday after the races, its like the first day back after new years, utterly depressing. Races over, summer over, holidays over......

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭smurf492

ratracer wrote:

I'll take Christmas over race week any time...race week has become an overblown nightmare for many galwegians me included...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

smurf492 wrote: »
    I'll take Christmas over race week any time...race week has become an overblown nightmare for many galwegians me included...

I've been trying to figure out how to start a 12 pubs of race week trend ... (I think that some local bar staff may refuse to serve me ever again if it takes off!)

Personally I thought that this race week was tamer than average.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Personally I thought that this race week was tamer than average.

I thought so too. Still messy, but tamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

I've been trying to figure out how to start a 12 pubs of race week trend ... (I think that some local bar staff may refuse to serve me ever again if it takes off!)

This could work.

Presumably any male participants would be expected to wear shiny suits? :cool:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Yeah seemed a good deal quieter than other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Tuesday after the races, its like the first day back after new years, utterly depressing. Races over, summer over, holidays over......

And weather is crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

The world is what you make it.

Get up and get out enjoy the wild weather

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Zzippy wrote: »
    This the same lad who ignored an upstairs resident's pleas to keep the noise down when holding a late-night party in one of his other restaurants? Who didn't give a toss that kids upstairs were being kept awake til 5am? Yeah, he has my sympathy alright...

Any links to that?

If it was a once off I'd not look too much into it, however if it was a regular occurrence I would agree with you and have little sympathy.

My view of the races is that it is just one big mess, but that would have more to do with my attitude towards getting pissed and acting the maggot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A big mess that brings in millions every year that other similar sized towns can only phantasise about. I think the positives outweigh the negatives and I live in the city centre.

Advertisement