Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night RAW July 25th 2016 *Battleground SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Loses clean

Puts Balor over in the post match interview

New Era for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And people complained about the brand split! HA! Even internal competition can work wonders in a business, can't wait to see what Smackdown comes up with tomorrow night, exciting times in the WWE at last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Balor v rollins has me jizzing myself already at the thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Well worth waiting up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

That's the best overall start to finish episode of Raw I've watched in I don't know how long. For one thing I actually managed (dare I say wanted) to watch it til the end is a huge sign in itself. Be hard/impossible to keep this quality every week but if they even come close I'll be a very happy camper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great episode of Raw. When it's a show you'd be willing to watch again you know it's an easy thumbs up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Such a great feel good episode of Raw. Still can't believe Balor won. Loved the interviews with the announcers.

They won't be able to keep this level up every week but the booking philosophy will create new stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Balor vs Reigns main event at SS. Lovely :D and Balor looks to be getting primed and ready to be the top babyface in the company and shockingly enough it's someone who the fans actually like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

At Summerslam they wouldn't pin the demon in his first WWE appearance, would they? Seth is right to look worried.

CoQpJTaWcAA-e0n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

It was obvious Roman Reigns wouldn't win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

What a raw

Balor was amazing.

Strange to do the women's title change at raw wonder if charlotte is injured or failed wellness test. Just felt weird they did it before summerslam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Started to fall asleep during the sasha Charlotte match and I didn't See it till now. Jesus well there you go.

Also Finn winning clean against the one time golden boy who now just looks like a chunky boy.

So WWE are pushing the fan favourites. They are using local enhancement talent. They have given us good in ring action.

And for me to top it off the one and only iron shiek is tweeting congratulations to sasha banks. Bizarro world and I never thought I'd say this but smackdown has a lot to live up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

764dak wrote: »
    It was obvious Roman Reigns wouldn't win.
    Maybe I shouldn't say obvious but I just didn't feel they would let Reigns face Rollins again at SummerSlam.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Kinda felt like an extended episode of NXT, I wonder if Vince has left RAW to Triple H & Stephanie and letting them run the show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wow. That was the best Raw I've watched in years. Talk about setting a high bar. When they announced the brand split, I thought it would be Smackdown that was like this; pushing fan favorites, strapping rockets to new people.

It was really the Finn Balor show. In all the excitement of his debut, I don't think anyone thought they would go in so hard on him, but it's incredible that they did. The Reigns endorsement at the end was interesting.

Sasha winning the title was nearly bringing a tear to my eyes.

Just such a great, great show. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Even Daniel Bryan acknowledged RAW's great show..

https://twitter.com/WWEDanielBryan/status/757779517410861058?lang=en

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It's funny reading back and seeing the oh no Paddy nonsense turn in HOLY ****.

I think Reigns putting Finn over may be giving away the Summerslam ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Couldn't stay awake for it so caught the Balor stuff on YouTube before work. Great stuff, he's immediately a big deal on Raw. Seemed to get a great crowd reaction when pinning Reigns too. Interesting that they did the women's title change now rather than Summerslam. Sasha was always going to be the next champion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    Very anti-climatic debut for Finn I thought

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That was excellent. Literally the only thing I didn't really enjoy was the New Day bit. That is a rarity in a 3 hour Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

CSF wrote: »
    That was excellent. Literally the only thing I didn't really enjoy was the New Day bit. That is a rarity in a 3 hour Raw.

Same for myself tbh, the New Day bit was a bit flat.

I even enjoyed Strowman squashing the local jobber :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Wouldn't fall out with the New Day splitting after the Club feud tbh. I feel in general they've jumped the shark with the comedy and there's no 3 man stables for them to feud with anymore. Also would like to see Big E get a solo main event push and think with Kofi's new found confidence on the mic he could be a great mid to upper midcarder. They just made that cereal a real thing now though and they seem to be huge merchandise shifters so can't see a split in any event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Would not suprise me if the new day turn heel again when they eventually feud with enzo and cass for the belts

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Omackeral wrote: »
    :pac:

Yep - Fergal's first raw show was fantastic, stupendous, unbelievable, made Carlito Caribbean Cool's smackdown maiden appearence look like crap. And I'm absoloutly thrilled to bits about it.

Still would have been better to see his first appearence as his entrance rather than meekly stepping up on the stage. But maybe I'm nit picking.

Well done Finn Balor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

correction wrote: »
    Wouldn't fall out with the New Day splitting after the Club feud tbh. I feel in general they've jumped the shark with the comedy and there's no 3 man stables for them to feud with anymore. Also would like to see Big E get a solo main event push and think with Kofi's new found confidence on the mic he could be a great mid to upper midcarder. They just made that cereal a real thing now though and they seem to be huge merchandise shifters so can't see a split in any event.
    I don't really see it working for them by themselves. This isn't a group they should split up. The whole is infinitely more than the sum of its parts. How do you book any of them higher in the card than they are now? A heel run should be on the cards again to freshen things up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Still would have been better to see his first appearence as his entrance rather than meekly stepping up on the stage. But maybe I'm nit picking.

Well done Finn Balor.

Any other RAW in the last few years and you would have been spot on, to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

CSF wrote: »
    I don't really see it working for them by themselves. This isn't a group they should split up. The whole is infinitely more than the sum of its parts. How do you book any of them higher in the card than they are now? A heel run should be on the cards again to freshen things up.

Aye, another heel run would be good. I think Kofi would go back to where he was but this time slightly more useful now we've seen his potential on the mic, not too bothered with Woods and don't see much in him but I can definitely see main event potential in Big E. Dripping with charisma and pretty decent in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yep - Fergal's first raw show was fantastic, stupendous, unbelievable, made Carlito Caribbean Cool's smackdown maiden appearence look like crap. And I'm absoloutly thrilled to bits about it.

Well done Finn Balor.

Ah in fairness I can see your point. On paper it sounds a little lame but I enjoyed the way they left him til last and he stepped out as it kinda caught me off guard and it was a cold intro as such. A wee bit different to what I expected. I also had the benefit of seeing the whole show before I read your comment and Balor went on to win the lot, just thought it was a funny throwback to your post.

A great Raw overall and I wouldn't complain about much. I think Gallows and Anderson need the win vs New Day to establish credibility, they've lackeys for Styles thus far, they need a win big time.

Sasha and Charlotte was a great match and on any other night would've main evented. Charlotte's moonsault to the outside was mental and Sasha Banks landing on that dive was very scary. Heard a few muppets chanting CM Punk during it after no doubt chanting We Want Sasha before she arrived. Bell ends of the highest order.

Really was digging Braun Strowman's new look I must say. RIP Jobber.

Advertisement