Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Vuelta a España General thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

neris wrote: »
    Do we want daily threads & previews for the Vuelta? I know the tdf generates more interest and we did them there every day but with summer coming to an end will others be able to do stage previews? I,ll try knock something out or the first two stages on friday and see how we go

We'll certainly be having daily threads but how elaborate they are can depend on the intent of the poster. Besides the classy ones which of course are well appreciated, a very basic one knocked up in a minute can serve its purpose also. I'd fall into the latter category of thread starter - someone for whom being able to post on the internet thing at all is a big personal achievement.
    . . . As shown by my effort to get out of my comfort zone & use a smiley face after the last sentence but it's ended up on top of the post instead! As for posting maps of terrain & stuff . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

what do people think of quintanas chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Hard to know what to make of him. We spent the Tour waiting for the Alps because he was supposed to be better in the high mountains but that didn't happen. He still made the podium though.
    I think he's better suited to the 20km @6-7% climbs in the Alps than 12km@8-10 with 15-20% ramps that La Vuelta throws at them.
    Covadonga is a steady climb bar the La Huesera section, Aubisque somewhat the same, but Pena Cabarga and Mirador de Ezaro are pure viciousness, and La Camperona has 3 mental kms at the end. Going on his Tour, I don't think he has the punch to power away on the steepest stuff like Purito would therefore he's going to have to do well on the shallower climbs.
    I could be completely wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Hard to know what to make of him. We spent the Tour waiting for the Alps because he was supposed to be better in the high mountains but that didn't happen. He still made the podium though.
    I think he's better suited to the 20km @6-7% climbs in the Alps than 12km@8-10 with 15-20% ramps that La Vuelta throws at them.
    Covadonga is a steady climb bar the La Huesera section, Aubisque somewhat the same, but Pena Cabarga and Mirador de Ezaro are pure viciousness, and La Camperona has 3 mental kms at the end. Going on his Tour, I don't think he has the punch to power away on the steepest stuff like Purito would therefore he's going to have to do well on the shallower climbs.
    I could be completely wrong.

I agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just entered my Velogames team.

Deadline is 5pm GMT today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Just entered my Velogames team.

Deadline is 5pm GMT today.

I'm in under the wire

Hard pick the way they lay out the climbers versus all rounders

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Just got my team in. Surprised this time that I didn't struggle to get it in/under 100 points. Although if u don't pick the really big names it's quite easy to get a good all round team

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

The exact same has happened as with the Euros and the TDF. Got so distracted by Olympics that I forgot La Vuelta was on! :eek:

Last year was the most I had ever followed it. I hope to this year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Daroxtar wrote: »
    League Name: Boards.ie
    League Code: 731722342010

Im creeping up the Leaderboard Amigos, I expect at least a podium finish, go valverde.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Ya, I got Kruijswijk, MA Lopez and Bonifazio..... :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement