Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Need Help

Options
  • 25-07-2016 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi,
     I contacted eir in the middle of last week to talk about my broadband as i was getting about 0.5mb download and 0.1mb upload, i mentioned to the tech support ( who seemed very knolegible and quite good )about a new cabinet close to my home and gave him the address of it and we chatted and it was possible to get my line connected to this, and they would have to cancel my contract and renew it and told my my broadband would go down in the next few min, which it did.( he passed me on to sombody elese who did this) i was to get a call the following morning (thursday) about the work to be done. 
    No call came.
    I rang on friday to get an update & to see why i got no call and i was on hold to 25min,

when tech support finally answered  the seemed to place the phone down and i could hear people chatting in the background for about 3 min and then they hung up ( im guessing this is a way of them achieving targets without doing work?) was not impressed after 25 min on a call.
    so.... i called back, after about 40 min on various stages of hold i was told id get a call on monday , no call has come. and i still have no connection.
    i dont know what to do, i seem to get passed around when i ring support and one person does not know what the other is doing it's very fustrating, i just need help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Moreilly wrote: »
    Hi,
     I contacted eir in the middle of last week to talk about my broadband as i was getting about 0.5mb download and 0.1mb upload, i mentioned to the tech support ( who seemed very knolegible and quite good )about a new cabinet close to my home and gave him the address of it and we chatted and it was possible to get my line connected to this, and they would have to cancel my contract and renew it and told my my broadband would go down in the next few min, which it did.( he passed me on to sombody elese who did this) i was to get a call the following morning (thursday) about the work to be done. 
    No call came.
    I rang on friday to get an update & to see why i got no call and i was on hold to 25min,

when tech support finally answered  the seemed to place the phone down and i could hear people chatting in the background for about 3 min and then they hung up ( im guessing this is a way of them achieving targets without doing work?) was not impressed after 25 min on a call.
    so.... i called back, after about 40 min on various stages of hold i was told id get a call on monday , no call has come. and i still have no connection.
    i dont know what to do, i seem to get passed around when i ring support and one person does not know what the other is doing it's very fustrating, i just need help.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Moreilly,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm so sorry to hear of this experience and sincere apologies. This is definitely not the service we aim to provide. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I will have this flagged with the technical support department immediately.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account details & I will take a look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Hi Pamela,

I've pm'd the account details, i would be grateful if could you get this resolved before 12 today as im fed up waiting for calls and im not prepared to spend the morning on hold. and tired of paying a fortune for 0.5mb down 0.1mb up broadband and you have my internet connection switched off since last week and i thought it would be back by now, i would really appreciate your help.

Regards,
                  Michael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela,

I've pm'd the account details, i would be grateful if could you get this resolved before 12 today as im fed up waiting for calls and im not prepared to spend the morning on hold. and tired of paying a fortune for 0.5mb down 0.1mb up broadband and you have my internet connection switched off since last week and i thought it would be back by now, i would really appreciate your help.

Regards,
                  Michael.
    Thanks Moreilly,

I have received your PM and replied.

-Pamela 

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm so sorry to hear of this experience and sincere apologies. This is definitely not the service we aim to provide. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I will have this flagged with the technical support department immediately.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account details & I will take a look into this.[/font]

Hi,
      My connection has been down since eircom switched it off over a week and a half ago.
      The following day after you switched it off the promised-  phone call never came about connecting me to the new cabinet
      The day after that i rang and was on hold for ages, hung up on after the call was answered ect ect, as detailed above.
      I was then told i would get a phone call on monday - phone call never came.
      Quote from above -" This is definitely not the service we aim to provide." -
      Pm'd my details as requested last tuesday last week - no phone call came

I have been without my 0.5mb broadband ( service which ive had for years from eircom) since around 20/21st of July which i am paying nearly 60 euro a month for.

Basically what im trying to say is,

Disconnect all phone and broadband services immediately.
    Dont even think of charging me for the time since the connection was down.
    Come collect your Router.
           Regards,
             Michael.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi,
      My connection has been down since eircom switched it off over a week and a half ago.
      The following day after you switched it off the promised-  phone call never came about connecting me to the new cabinet
      The day after that i rang and was on hold for ages, hung up on after the call was answered ect ect, as detailed above.
      I was then told i would get a phone call on monday - phone call never came.
      Quote from above -" This is definitely not the service we aim to provide." -
      Pm'd my details as requested last tuesday last week - no phone call came

I have been without my 0.5mb broadband ( service which ive had for years from eircom) since around 20/21st of July which i am paying nearly 60 euro a month for.

Basically what im trying to say is,

Disconnect all phone and broadband services immediately.
    Dont even think of charging me for the time since the connection was down.
    Come collect your Router.
           Regards,
             Michael.

Hi Michael,

Pamela is working through her PM's and will be with you soon.

-Ciara

• Advertisement

the original issue was just that my broadband was cut off by eir to facilitate changing my connection to CRY1-002 from the current exchange which is about 7km from me, that's all.  :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

the original issue was just that my broadband was cut off by eir to facilitate changing my connection to CRY1-002 from the current exchange which is about 7km from me, that's all.  :(
    I am extremely sorry to hear this Moreilly :( 

-Ciara

Advertisement