Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP recommendations in Dublin 15

Options
  • 25-07-2016 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there
    I'm looking for recommendations for a good GP in Dublin 15. I live in Clonsilla. I've been using a practice for the past 10 years but my GP left in February. I have ongoing serious health issues ao continuity of care is really important. A new doctor joined and she was fantastic. I was so happy with her care and how thorough she was - I phoned today to give her an update on something and was told she's gone on extended leave and they have no date for when she'll be back or even if she's coming back. My only option with the practice is with a locum which given my history won't do.

I'd appreciate any feedback anyone could give. I've looked at older theads but they're all a few years old

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You can find the most recent GP recommendation thread here.

As an update to my recommendation in the thread, Dr. Tony MacDonald in Portersgate is now by appointment rather than first come, first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Fiafann

Thank you. He seems like a popular Doctor

I've always found him great. When I moved to the area I needed to go to a doctor and found one around the corner from me. She was probably the most unpleasant doctor I've ever visited, so I looked for an alternative and just got lucky as I picked him out of the Golden Pages.

He seems to work only 1.5 hours in morning and 2 in evenings? Is that right?

I'm afraid I'm not sure what his current hours are, I haven't been to see him in a while.

• Advertisement

Thanks, Zaph. I'll give a call in the morning. That's what I found online and will call Another doctor too that has been recommended in the thread two years ago.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Zaph wrote: »

As an update to my recommendation in the thread, Dr. Tony MacDonald in Portersgate is now by appointment rather than first come, first served.

Didn't know that (I don't visit him often). Do you know, does he stick pretty much to the times given? I know they can't be 100% accurate, but are they close enough, or way off? If you, or anybody else knows that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Try riverside in mullhuddart village. I can't fault it.

Thanks Hilly bill. Is there any particular doctor you see?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I'm with one particular doctor who is superb but you will get to see any doctor that is available. 2 or 3 on at the same time. Basically if you ring up they will tell you to come down and you wait for your name to be called. There is also a dentist in the place as well. Basically, if you have an ongoing condition they will look after you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I see Dr. McGonagle in Rise Family Practice in Blanch Village. She's brilliant, really lovely and always has an appointment by next day at the latest (which is so important, I have friends who are days waiting on appointments with their doctor's). No walk-in's but as I said, great availability.

Advertisement