Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETB teachers - I need your help

Options
  • 25-07-2016 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi folks,

I'd be grateful for a helping hand from ETB staff here!

A high-level internal secondment position* was advertised last Wednesday on the ETBI website.

The deadline for the position was the following day, at midday.

The information posted on the ETBI website last Wednesday was scant, however, the same day (last Wednesday), my local ETB - the GRETB - emailed all staff members the details of the job, giving only 23 and a half hours for anyone interested in the job to send in a CV, a letter of "no more than 2 pages" stating why one would be suitable for the position, and a signed application form.

When I rang the ETBI to enquire as to why they had only given a day's notice before the deadline for application for the position, I was told that, in fact, they had sent the information to all HR managers on the 8th July.

So, what I'd like to know is whether anyone from the other ETBs have heard anything about this job and when? Could all ETB teachers please check their work email and let me know when you were informed about this?

Many thanks in advance.

*(Change Programme Manager - it's an internal secondment position open to ALL ETB staff - officers, teachers, SNA, etc. The job is the equivalent of Principal Officer in the Public Service.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I received nothing about this at all but regularly receive emails about positions in my ETB Head Office and positions in ETBI. The most recent one I received about ETBI was for a Training Function Support Officer. This was sent on 12th July with a closing date 25th July.

Bad form to only put it on the website 24 hours before closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭xtralong

Received email from HR regarding ETBI Change Programme Manager position on 11th July. I can see this originally came from HR on 8th July. Closing date was 21st July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Taxus Fastigata

xtralong wrote: »
    Received email from HR regarding ETBI Change Programme Manager position on 11th July. I can see this originally came from HR on 8th July. Closing date was 21st July.

Many thanks.

May I ask, which ETB was that? (PM me the answer if you'd prefer)

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

do you not realise by now that virtually all ETBs have corruption alongside them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭namoosh

ethical wrote: »
    do you not realise by now that virtually all ETBs have corruption alongside them!!!

Someone is lined up for the job friend/relative of ETB management or local politico, job advertised at last minute to minimise competition, par for the course unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Received the email on the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I got that email on the 20th with closing date the 21st. I didn't even notice the dates as it wouldn't be something I'd be interested in.

It could just be the case that the one in HR was on holidays and no one else bothered to send out the email.

Advertisement