Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I go back to using old iPhone?

Options
  • 25-07-2016 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭

I used to used an iPhone 3GS. I backed it up to my computer.

I then upgraded to a 5S, also backed up to my computer.

I damaged my 5S, so now I want to go back to my 3GS.

I thought it would be a simple matter of connecting the 3GS to iTunes and restoring the latest backup (from the 5S) to it, with all my contacts, appointments, apps, settings and so on.

However, when I hook up the 3GS, it offers me the option of restoring the last backup I did on that phone, not my actual last backup.

Am I missing something? Can I get the settings/etc from my knackered phone onto my old one?

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Most likely the 5s was at a higher iOS version. You can't restore a backup of an iPhone with iOS 6 onto an iPhone with iOS 5 for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Thanks for taking the time to answer, but...

I'm sorry, is there a typo there or something. I don't understand what you're saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Oops sorry. I'll fix it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Thanks.

Advertisement