Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspended sentence for sexual assault of nieces

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

Sickening

The judge is settling an old score, he previously passed a sentence on another case that was similar and got knocked back by a higher power. Now he's saying to them look I'm going to give a totally inadequate sentence whatcha gonna do about that.

He pointed out to the court that the Court of Criminal Appeal had reduced a six-year prison term he imposed on former Moyasta NS school principal, Pat Barry (82), to two and a half years for the systematic abuse of pupils over a long period of time. The judge said he was mindful of this reduction in sentence when imposing sentence on the 77-year-old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

That is truly horrific reading :(

I hope this sentence is appealed and overturned.

As for this ...
    The judge said that the man’s wife and daughter were in court to support the man.

How on earth could they stand by a man that was responsible for such vile acts? I don't understand the mentality of people like that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Hammer15

How in this day in age are judges getting away with this.

It's nearly a waste of Garda investigation time when sentencing like this is given out. Horrific.

Advertisement