Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Survivor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Nooooooooooooo. Why, damn why. I want to see
    Luke
    on US Survivor in a Fans vs Favourites type season now. Such a damn good player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

titan18 wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooo. Why, damn why. I want to see
    Luke
    on US Survivor in a Fans vs Favourites type season now. Such a damn good player

Arghhh, I knew I shouldn't have clicked on that spoiler! I thought i was up to date but obviously I'm one episode behind.

Edit: Did they show more than two episodes a week? Turns out I was two episodes behind :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Locky or Ziggy nailed on to get the boot next, excellent season with great challenges, twists haven't been bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

mel.b wrote:
    Edit: Did they show more than two episodes a week? Turns out I was two episodes behind

3 a week it seems. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday

• Advertisement

Finale last night.

While it wasn't said explicity, I presume
    Tara did a deal with Jericho to take the second to last immunity to fire so he would take her to the final

Between
    Jericho
    and
    Tara
    as the final two,
    Jericho
    seemed like the logical winner, although saying that I thought
    Jericho almost threw it away with his first pitch to the jury and that may be why the final vote was close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭pooch90

Am I one behind? The last one I saw was the one with
    Michelle losing fire challenge

I think you're two behind.

Caught up now :)
    Bit disappointed with the winner :(

pooch90 wrote: »
    Caught up now :)
    Bit disappointed with the winner :(

Well deserved all the same.

I quite like the 55 day format, more gruelling.

• Advertisement

I really thought he let himself down at final tribal. From the faces of the jury, I was sure Tara had it. Enjoyed the reunion show a lot more than US version, probably because they swear! Just seemed to be more comradery there.

New season of Australian survivor started tonight...contenders vs champions. Champions coming from a range of backgrounds...Olympians, afl players, ex-army, astrophysicist etc and one Russell Hantz :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

mel.b wrote: »
    New season of Australian survivor started tonight...contenders vs champions. Champions coming from a range of backgrounds...Olympians, afl players, ex-army, astrophysicist etc and one Russell Hantz :eek:

I'll have to watch it now, gave up on previous attempts as it bored me to tears.

They'll probably just get rid of him in the first couple of eps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thargor wrote: »
    They'll probably just get rid of him in the first couple of eps though.

Fingers crossed! He claims to be the greatest survivor of all time yet has never won.... idiot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,945 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The guy was an ass but for pure entertainment / idol domination / competitor domination he'll always be remembered and I don't disagree when I see him on top 10 lists, he never won because he was playing against butthurt bitches not people who appreciate someone who plays the game to the limit.

God those first couple of seasons with him were Survivor in its prime, I used to be staring at the clock at work waiting to get home to it, last couple of seasons I just had them on in the background while browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Wasn't sure if people wanted to be spoiled on the presence of Hantz (have they announced it themselves yet or are they officially revealing it tonight?) but I guess a few might be a little more interested. I still plan on going back and watching last season as I've heard very good things. Where does it rank compared to recent US seasons?

It's crazy how still to this day some see Hantz as one of the Greatest of All Time yet others think he deservedly won nothing.

Thargor wrote: »
    The guy was an ass but for pure entertainment / idol domination / competitor domination he'll always be remembered and I don't disagree when I see him on top 10 lists, he never won because he was playing against butthurt bitches not people who appreciate someone who plays the game to the limit.

He definitely deserves being in the top 10 for sure but it's his personality and being a huge asshole that cost him the win. I just don't think he can claim to be the greatest when he has yet to win (and winning the million is ultimately the goal lol) Any of the cast I spoke to admitted to being hurt but also said he was a complete d1ck and didn't deserve the money.
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    Wasn't sure if people wanted to be spoiled on the presence of Hantz (have they announced it themselves yet or are they officially revealing it tonight?) but I guess a few might be a little more interested. I still plan on going back and watching last season as I've heard very good things. Where does it rank compared to recent US seasons?

It's crazy how still to this day some see Hantz as one of the Greatest of All Time yet others think he deservedly won nothing.

Yup they have officially announced the cast. Wonder who will recognise him and will they admit it if they do (in front of others I mean)...

As an aside, did anyone watch Survivor NZ? Just wrapped up.

pooch90 wrote: »
    As an aside, did anyone watch Survivor NZ? Just wrapped up.

I saw the first 2 / 3 episodes but then just found it boring and gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Resurrecting this thread because I have become a huge fan of Australian Survivor during lockdown. I'm working my way through the old seasons on Amazon Prime; it's my daily addiction. Anyways there's a new season starting on 31st Jan, Survivor: Blood Vs Water, with family members playing together and a few returning faces (Sam and Mark, Andy). Should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Season 9 of Australian Survivor just started. Bring it on. 🙂

Anyone watching? I'm 5 in, and it's brilliant. Still better than the US version.

The whole blood vs. water dynamic is brilliant and gives this season a real heart.

Really enjoying it. We are 5 episodes in. They need to get Sandra quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭markw7

Is this anything like classic Survivor (US) lads or is it full of the touchy feely crap its become in the last few years?

I haven't watched the latest US season and won't be either from the reivews I've read online.

No, it has the production values of the US version (same style, same music etc.) but with harder challenges and much more scheming, backstabbing and blindsides (the stuff that actually makes Survivor fun).

I way prefer it to the US version, they pull less punches in the challenges and I prefer the cast they choose. The US one has the stereotypical ditsy useless women whereas Oz seems to go for strong women moreso that make the challenges worth watching. Also the Australians are just a bit more rugged in general.

It's much longer too so it means you get to know the contestants. I watched the post Covid 'woke' US season and couldn't tell you any of their names at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭markw7

Excellent stuff, cheers lads thats the next few weekends sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I'm up to date so down to the final 10 now. Random - they have a razor or 2 in there. Women are definitely newly groomed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

Love survivor Australia. Blood vs Water is a fantastic twist on the original game and i'm loving every episode.

• Advertisement

Caught up over the weekend. Up to date now.

It's a brilliant season. The double idol/stolen idol made great TV. 🙂

Advertisement