Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Care Worth It

Options
  • 25-07-2016 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭

Just purchased new 6s at Gatwick and wondering should I purchase Apple Care, the 6e p/m over two years looks like the best deal (149 euro all in).

If I was to buy Apple UK Care I would save a little extra but wondering will I have any problems by doing this I should I stick to the Irish one as it's only 25 more.

When I had the 5s, I had insurance for a year (8euro p/m) and dropped after a year but then had to fork out 120 for a new screen and that was on More Street, cheapest option at the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I've never had care or insurance on any phone until my current one, an iPhone6+ 64Gb, for which I decided to buy apple care. Given at the time screen replacements were expensive and I was more than capable of dropping it. I am now on my 4th device since they keep developing faults. Granted these would have been replaced under warranty but life is much easier with care. The current device has a new fault and I'm well over the year mark. I know irish law would let me argue it's not fit for purpose and would get it fixed by the operator, but care makes it easy. I've never had a phone develop so many faults mind you so dont know what's up with these!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

If you purchase UK AppleCare, you'll only get service in a UK Apple store, you won't be able to use the advanced replacement service at all in IReland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

eeloe wrote: »
    If you purchase UK AppleCare, you'll only get service in a UK Apple store, you won't be able to use the advanced replacement service at all in IReland.

Are you sure? I had my Irish iPhone replaced while i was in Milan.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

eeloe wrote: »

I really wonder if this is true as Apple have worldwide warranties and also there are EU Common Market Rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Thanks all, think I might just get it to be safe.

As for where it's valid, had a look at T&C's and it only says all legal issues are under the country where it was purchased but nothing about the product having to be repaired in the same country.

• Advertisement
Advertisement