Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summerslam 2016 Pre-Show & Live Show

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some quick thoughts:

- Good to see it looks like The Usos are going heel. Gable and Jordan need a good tag team to work with so if The Revival are staying on NXT then turning the Usos is the right call.

- Speaking of turns, hopefully heel Bubba Ray is coming.

- Sheamus winning the first fall made sense, but this best of seven for absolutely nothing must be the most pointless feud since that time Edge and Booker T fought at Wrestlemania 18 over a shampoo commercial.

- I'm fine with Jeri-KO winning. I think Enzo is a liability in the ring and might be better off being a manager as he has good mic skills.

- Charlotte beating Sasha was a surprise. Must be something to it. Maybe she is going on her honeymoon. This was sloppy in parts.

- Miz beating Apollo - who cares, really. I remain so fed up with Miz and disagree with those who defend him. He brings nothing to the table as IC champ and that belt which meant something when Bryan and Owens and Ambrose had it now means absolutely nothing. And it will continue to mean nothing as long as he has it.

- Styles vs Cena probably the match of the night. Right result but I hope Cena isn't gone too long.

- I like Jon Stewart but didn't think he added anything. Tag match was poor.

- Ambrose vs Ziggler was confusing. I expected Dolph to snap afterwards but there was nothing. This just seemed to confirm that Ambrose was right: Dolph isn't good enough.

- Nikki Bella's return: I mentioned in another thread that they could do something really interesting with her coming back after a year with a career-threatening injury, and the fact her brother-in-law did have to retire with a career-threatening injury. I felt there was a good story there with Bryan reluctant to let her fight again. Even throw Brie in the mix. But nah, she's just there. She's just back and as a HEEL no less. Ah why care when they don't.

- Balor vs Rollins: Delighted for Finn but a bit gutted that most of the talk is about how sh*t the belt looks. I agree the design is uninspiring. I thought it was the Women's Title when I first saw it. I had hoped they might put a Universe or a Globe on the front of the title but they seem to put as much thought into their belts as they do their storylines. Very good match considering the difficult crowd.

- Reigns beating up Rusev seemed to be done to spare his match being shat on. They cheered him so I guess this was a success.

- I liked that Brock destroyed Orton but I think if they want to have blood then a blade job is better (and safer) than having Brock bash a guy with elbows.

What I don't get is why this was put on last. If Goldberg were to show up, then it being last made sense. But he wasn't there. So I think Balor vs Rollins should have been the main event instead.

Overall I thought it was a pretty good show but not a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

I can't believe we finally got Lesnar vs Orton and we didn't even get the F5 countered into an RKO spot. Lesnar is so lazy lately. The whole suplex city gimmick has made his matches so predictable. I was hoping for a longer back and forth match like against Punk at SS a few years ago. And seemingly he won't even be on Raw to capitalise on the whole thing despite it being in the same building.

Did Lesnar really bust Orton up that badly with the elbow? Surely he bladed given the way the blood began pouring out like that. I assumed he bladed too deep and they had to stop it the way they did due to the sheer amount of blood.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pinkman wrote: »
    I can't believe we finally got Lesnar vs Orton and we didn't even get the F5 countered into an RKO spot. Lesnar is so lazy lately. The whole suplex city gimmick has made his matches so predictable. I was hoping for a longer back and forth match like against Punk at SS a few years ago. And seemingly he won't even be on Raw to capitalise on the whole thing despite it being in the same building.

Did Lesnar really bust Orton up that badly with the elbow? Surely he bladed given the way the blood began pouring out like that. I assumed he bladed too deep and they had to stop it the way they did due to the sheer amount of blood.

Trust me that was not a blade that was all Lesnar and his gigantic elbow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Ageyev wrote: »
    Saw on Twitter that Shane was to his feet before Orton. Whole building is booing.

Thought them booing Lesnar was the point of it? The crowd cheering for him being such a badass bringing people to suplex city provides nothing to the table. Lesnar is clearly a **** so it's about time they did something with that.

Fair play to Orton for being such a sport as he sacrificed himself to a ridiculous level to get Brock some much needed heat. Hopefully they do something with it.

Sasha/Charlotte and AJ/Cena were the highlights anyway. Ambrose/Ziggler was weak. Balor/Seth was good with an exciting result.

Felt sorry for the women in the tag match. Naomi, Becky and Bliss made the most of the time they were given but all the crowd give a f*ck about is Nikki Bella. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Nsfw image of Orton's wound. Definitely not a blade

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqcUBCbWEAAjWui.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wow, that looks bad and doesn't really looks like something you'd agree to.

Enjoyed the PPV for the most part except for the weird order/booking of some matches. As others have said, all the top title matches being so early, mainly the women's, especially when they had the SD women on nearer the end.

Why was Reigns so angry at Rusev after Reigns already beat him on Monday?

If Sasha is injured and they know it's long enough to only take her off house shows until end of September, why not keep the title on her until then? Wonder if Bayley was meant to win at NXT then this came up.

Delighted for Balor, but him going out and grabbing the belt seemed strangely done, especially with Steph and Foley there. Maybe a proper presentation on Raw tonight to allow for an interruption?

Think the main problem with this PPV was Where was Slater?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And meant to ask, was there blood during the woman's title match? Didn;t see any, but the ref put on the gloves. Maybe he got confused with Sasha's hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/brock-lesnar-chris-jericho-heated-altercation-summerslam-219211

14053952_1268501619827555_5342767530253946724_n.png.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=1776c470a18dcdfff1d1630ffe778f0a&oe=585C7B05&__gda__=1477759228_c870bc323e3c0fa5827b78a02228c83f

Jericho worked the Extreme Rules 2012 card where Lesnar hardway'd Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Halfway through the card now had to stop & take a break. John Stewart kills the audience every time.
    That tag match was awful I switched it off after. Enjoyed the opener (Enzo & Cass are good in that role). Women's match was good bar the time Sasha nearly broke her neck again...Miz vs Crews happened at least that is all I can say. Miz has been floundering since the draft & Apollo Crews hasn't a bit of personality to him. Should have been on the pre show tbh. 46 wrestlers worked this show, crazy to think they thought that would work. Great that Styles won & clean too, the match felt a bit like it was highspot to highspot mind but the right guy won.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 444 ✭✭BabyE

Enzo and cass are both kinda entertaining and so annoying at the same time, do they do that same enterance all the time? They'd be far better as heels especially enzo.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

BabyE wrote: »
    Enzo and cass are both kinda entertaining and so annoying at the same time, do they do that same enterance all the time? They'd be far better as heels especially enzo.

How many years did the Road Dogg and Billy Gunn get out of their entrance? :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

An File wrote: »
    How many years did the Road Dogg and Billy Gunn get out of their entrance? :pac:

Oh you didn't know...?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And meant to ask, was there blood during the woman's title match? Didn;t see any, but the ref put on the gloves. Maybe he got confused with Sasha's hair.

I think during the match, I saw blood on Charlotte's elbow, but it only looked like she grazed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Will the smackdown title be going blue now? Terrible designs in fairness. Wish we could have had a more old school looking title instead of them all just being different colours.

I had predicted before the Finn match to my friends that the Universal Championship would be the WWE championship with a red strap and part of that prediction was the WWE championship will remain the same as it is but the Smackdown women's title will be the same but with a Blue strap.

Advertisement