Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerslam 2016 Pre-Show & Live Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus the booking of these matches were all over the shop. Balor winning the title should of closed the show

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Looper007 wrote: »
    Even in his prime Goldberg and Lesnar had a ****ty match so what would Goldberg do now that be amazing. Would make Orton look bad too.
    To be fair, I'd say that they could have had a great match in different circumstances. The one they did have though, it was the last match for both guys, both wanted out, and they clearly didn't care at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

One of the weirdest ends to a Lesnar main event in a while. Really nasty cut caused by the first or second elbow it looked like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Utterly useless match and ending

So safe to say AJ and Cena MOTN then.

Why didn't they just put this 3rd last and end with the Universal title match, I don't get what harm it would have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** that

Shane will get a pick someone to face lesner down the line ???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Overall, I don't think this was a bad PPV (I'm still ecstatic about Finn winning in particular), but it dragged a bit, and the ending just felt utterly underwhelming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

PTH2009 wrote: »
    **** that

Shane will get a pick someone to face lesner down the line ???

Yeah so it'll be SD vs Raw again for a few months....absolutely pointless having a brand split

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Not a blade job at all. Brock knows how to open people up with elbows in a controlled manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The rusev/reigns and orton Brock were just pointless can't believe they had them 2 on last

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What a weird f*cking show. Cena/AJ amazing. Great result for Finn, but with no atmosphere. Can't believe I watched 4 hours of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Saw on Twitter that Shane was to his feet before Orton. Whole building is booing.

Angron wrote: »
    Overall, I don't think this was a bad PPV (I'm still ecstatic about Finn winning in particular), but it dragged a bit, and the ending just felt utterly underwhelming.

Seems to be on twitter that after AJ/Cena the show went down hill, Balor/Rollins was good but ruined by the crowd. The Rest was muck.

The last great summerslam for me was 2013 with Punk/Lesnar and Bryan/Cena, two awesome main events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

That was a very strange ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Judging from pictures it was an elbow not a bladejob that caused Orton to bleed

That was a very strange ending.

Lesnar matches are just becoming the same beatbown, the guy facing him gets a punch or kick in, Lesnar goes back to the beatdown. A few Suplexs and a F5 then the end. They really need to mix up Lesnars matches.

Lesnar matches are just becoming the same beatbown, the guy facing him gets a punch or kick in, Lesnar goes back to the beatdown. A few Suplexs and a F5 then the end. They really need to mix up Lesnars matches.
    The Suplex City thing was a death sentence to any form of variety in his match. It made his moveset all about one thing, constant German suplexes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Judging from pictures it was an elbow not a bladejob that caused Orton to bleed

Definitely a legit elbow...it was horrifying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I think Lesnar needs to get beaten. This unstoppable beast incarnate, almighty suplex machine has run its course for me. And as strong, or technically gifted, or tough he is IRL, which is ultimately where the gimmick comes from, I find it staggering to think that there isn't anyone on the roster who could give out the loss, and it be believable? And there's only two that spring to mind who don't currently have contracts- Goldberg, but do we really want to see that again, or Lashley- who was mishandled in his original run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

The Suplex City thing was a death sentence to any form of variety in his match. It made his moveset all about one thing, constant German suplexes.

Its annoying cause there must be at least a dozen different types of suplex yet he keeps doing the same one. Its like going to a city and everyone's name is smith and they all work in the same job. Boo brock, booooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If lesner made orton bleed on purpose would he face a ban of some sorts ???

Some laugh if he got fired and went back to the ufc full time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If lesner made orton bleed on purpose would he face a ban of some sorts ???

Some laugh if he got fired and went back to the ufc full time

There's an interesting video from Paul Heymans tour in England, where the basic implication is Brock does what Brock wants to do, and who's going to stop him. Now it's most likely pie in the sky, but it makes you think. Here's the link https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=_DaYbPcCqKo

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Those two elbows that sliced Orton were nasty, the amount of blood coming out of Orton's head was nasty. I'm guessing they're aiming for a Lesnar - Shane street fight at Survivor Series.

Overall it was a really odd card. The first half was great, Cena and AJ was an excellent match, once Jon Stewart came out everything took a strange turn. They really messed up the running order of the card. The non finish of the tag match on the second biggest show of the year pissed off the crowd enough to make them silent for everything else.

Ambrose and Ziggler was a tough match to sit through if I'm being honest, Ambrose just moves at such a snail's pace that it feels like he's just moving from spot to spot and Ziggler loses.....again. Then to divas tag match, which was fine but nothing standing out which I think the crowd needed something to wake them up. Rollins and Finn was a solid match but the crowd just didn't react until the finishing sequence.

Then we had Rusev vs Reigns which was just an angle. Then Lesnar, while its the same thing over and over again at this stage it was entertaining and it woke up the crowd, but again, it ended on an angle. Why finish your second biggest show of the year with two angles?? Strange decision making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I honestly don't know what to make of that ending...

If Lensar was a bit too snug and busted Orton up, then why not just cut the match short and conclude with the planned finish. Go for another 5 minutes and bring it home. If Lensar was meant to win then he beat a bloody Orton who "couldnt see" and defend himself. If Randy was going over then he beat the odds and beat the beast while bloody. Storyline moves forward.

If it was Randy gigging himself and just went too deep .... well continue on and cut the match short.

The confusing part is that this is so unlike a WWE finish to a PPV. But Lensar laying in the punches to a bloody Orton makes it angle. So hardway or a gig... it's an angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Leanar cutting Randy with the elbows was the plan all along I'd say, if you look back on it Orton drops his arms and Brock aims those elbows right at the forehead which would slice you open.

That was done just to make Brock look like a badass and have him win in completely dominant fashion and end the feud. It was the F5 on Shane that was the angle. It does seem strange though to move onto a second cross promotional feud so early into the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Shouldn't it be a DQ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Seems to be on twitter that after AJ/Cena the show went down hill, Balor/Rollins was good but ruined by the crowd. The Rest was muck.

The last great summerslam for me was 2013 with Punk/Lesnar and Bryan/Cena, two awesome main events.
    Seeing this a lot, will have to watch it back(at SS) but we boo'd the belt but people were still invested in the match

Let's go Balor / Rollins chants & pops for big moves & finish

They started slow imo & crowd burnt out from Cena / AJ(6 hour live show)

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I think Lesnar needs to get beaten. This unstoppable beast incarnate, almighty suplex machine has run its course for me. And as strong, or technically gifted, or tough he is IRL, which is ultimately where the gimmick comes from, I find it staggering to think that there isn't anyone on the roster who could give out the loss, and it be believable? And there's only two that spring to mind who don't currently have contracts- Goldberg, but do we really want to see that again, or Lashley- who was mishandled in his original run.

He's pretty much gone through everyone on the main roster, Cena a few times, HHH, Taker, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose and now Orton. Love to see him face AJ, Cesaro, Zayn, Owens, also Samoa Joe and Nakamura. Even Finn Balor. It's getting tiring that he has to be this unstoppable beast cause some fans can't buy a certain type of wrestler beating him. Lesnar losing here or there or even been given a match that he can change up his style a little would be nice.

I think Vince doesn't want his value to go down if he's losing here or there. He's going to be the unstoppable beast until Vince see's someone he feels that can beat him clean. Goldberg, no thanks he's 50 something and he wasn't that great even in his prime. It should go to a up and comer if anyone is going to pin him clean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I'm actually a big fan of the booking of Brock. If Brock went out and did more than suplexs or did t have this aggressive style, it opens up for fans to cheer him too much. If fans are having an issue with this it'll make it more likely for them to boo the heel. Plus, there is nothing else like it in wrestling at the moment.

I know people are afraid that now a Styles or a Finn beating him becomes "unbelievable"...but Eddie beating Brock all those years ago was pretty believable. It will take a great story and have a massive underdog story behind it, but it could work brilliantly and will instantly cement whoever it is that beats him. Imagine if it was Nakamura in his debut match? You have instantly made the guy seem like a beast and push him to the top of the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I rewatched the Lesnar v Orton fight, I got TS say it looks like Lesnar just lost his control again. Generally you can catch a glimpse of the blade, but I didn't see it at all this time.

Honestly though, I can't stand Lesnar. He's just another Goldberg. A massive guy with no real control. He's not even that talented as a wrestler.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

remember when he did those same elbows to Cena and everyone was like "omg class" and now everyone is like "wtf". Wrestling fans eh.
    Perfectly fine with this booking of Brock as long as it has a good mania pay off against Angle or someone who deserves it and can make it work.

Happy with Finn winning although that title is a toy.
    Ambrose - Ziggler was decent but kind of a nothing match in terms of where it goes. probably a ziggler heel turn but i dunno how thats going to work. having an ad of him playing the f**king KFC colonel doesnt help.
    AJ - Cena - probably the best and most fun match of the night
    Like Charlotte winning. just gonna put this out there - Sasha is a lil bit overrated folks, big potential though
    i fast forwarded rusev - reigns as i honestly didnt care
    the tag title match was a good match.... then it had this ending where they decided to poo on all the good work they had done cos Jon Stewart showed up. wasnt it good of the club to let them dance in the middle of the ring. what nice lads. they are faces right?
    didnt watch any of the other matches.

i just checked wiki there - the rusev - reigns match didnt happen? i dunno...

oh and whats the point of general managers of the mcmahons hang over their shoulder anyway?

and GOOD LORD, that smackdown commentary team is absolutely shocking. I shouldnt imagine ill ever watch that show due to them. I dont like constant annoyances. they will have all these great wrestlers and then JBL (JUST GO FULL MEASURE HEEL JOHN), the loud annoying guy and David Otunga. David f**king Otunga. why. whats his purpose? exactly like that other complete lemon brian saxton or whatever the f**k on raw. Where do they find these eunuchs?

Advertisement