Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerslam 2016 Pre-Show & Live Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah, plus there's something being done with Flo-Rida as well, I definitely won't be watching that part...

Nothing worse than when they bring rappers on, the excitement is palpable for P Diddy next week. Prepare yourself for a Heath Slater segment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Surprised Flo-Rida would show his face in WWE again after getting schooled by Bo Dallas in that rap battle they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CSF wrote: »
    Nothing worse than when they bring rappers on, the excitement is palpable for P Diddy next week. Prepare yourself for a Heath Slater segment.

I hope Kevin Owens does to P Diddy what he did to Machine Gun Kelly..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CSF wrote: »

We could only be so lucky! Heath = gold! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

The New Day will defend the WWE Tag Team Titles against Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson at SummerSlam, which takes place on on August 21st at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. WWE announced the news on Monday

• Advertisement

Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor for the WWE universal Championship

Dean Ambrose (c) vs Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Championship

Charlotte vs Sasha Banks (c) for the WWE women’s Championship

Apollo Crews vs The Miz (c) for the Intercontinental Championship

John Cena vs AJ Styles

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton

The New Day (c) vs the Club for the Tag team Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

This should be a fantastic card. I was somewhat underwhelmed by AJ / Cena at MITB, so I'm hoping this rematch really delivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

This is gonna be a really long PPV with all the extra matches they've added. Definitely gonna run over the 3 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

It's 4 hours anyway isn't it?

This should hopefully be the final card for Summerslam, but can see more being added..

WWE Universal Championship match
    Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor

WWE Championship
    Dean Ambrose (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

WWE women’s Championship
    Charlotte vs Sasha Banks (c)

Intercontinental Championship
    Apollo Crews vs The Miz (c)

John Cena vs AJ Styles

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton

Tag team Championship
    The New Day (c) vs the Club

Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens

WWE United States Championship
    Rusev (c) (with Lana) vs. Roman Reigns

• Advertisement

correction wrote: »
    It's 4 hours anyway isn't it?

Yup, starts at midnight instead of the usual 1 am start.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sheamus Cesaro as well? Possibly in the preshow.

Pre-show to be 2 hours long, main show 4 hours..

Also Flo-Rida's show for the Thursday has been canned.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Pre-show to be 2 hours long, main show 4 hours..

Also Flo-Rida's show for the Thursday has been canned.

Was it moved to the main show?

DM_7 wrote: »
    Was it moved to the main show?

Nope completely canned according to the Barclays Center website.

http://www.barclayscenter.com/events/detail/wwe-summerslam-concert-2016

I'm worried...I just realized the next PPV is
    the Raw branded "Clash of Champions". And knowing WWE, I worry they'll be looking at Reigns vs Rollins in a "Clash of Champions" match with the US vs Interstellar (shudder) Championship match, with Reigns walking out with both titles. Means I don't have much hope for the Summerslam matches ended favorably :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm worried...I just realized the next PPV is
    the Raw branded "Clash of Champions". And knowing WWE, I worry they'll be looking at Reigns vs Rollins in a "Clash of Champions" match with the US vs Interstellar (shudder) Championship match, with Reigns walking out with both titles. Means I don't have much hope for the Summerslam matches ended favorably :(
    Think you're grand without the spoiler tags for that one. I doubt they'll go down that direction to be honest. I see that rebuild being a slower one where they gear it towards Wrestlemania in what will become very quickly the most obvious thing ever and the fans will go nuts again when they finally pull the trigger on it.

I think it's weird that they've gone so big on the Reigns v Ambrose v Rollins stuff all year when you consider so many people were talking about that as the Wrestlemania main event from heaven for so long. Hard to see what they go with this year unless they do the Reigns v Cena match that they're obviously gumming to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Big surprise return
    ........Punk......
    Rumors are starting.

Might make some sense if there is truth to the
    cross promotion deal between the UFC & WWE he doesn't have to wrestle just a promo job on McGregor and there you have McGregor's opponent for WM both getting huge pay checks out of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I can see zero percent chance of that happening to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Reigns thing can go one of 3 ways:
    1. Push him as quickly as they did last time and get the same result
    2. Keep putting him in PPV matches (sometimes for a title) onlt to lose to try and build some support for him before having him win a title
    3. Punish him for another while for ruining their plans for the big triple threat match they had been building to with all 3 Shield members

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Loughc wrote: »

I dunno, it's taken Punk nearly 2 years to get to his debut, he's probably seen how hard the MMA life really is and maybe know his near 40 year old body isn't up to it

Wouldn't surprise me to see him lose his fight in September and back in time for Mania season, they are light on upper card people and Punk would still slot in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rumours of a WWE legend (who last appeared at mania in the certain match) returning too to set up a possible mania 33 match

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Loughc wrote:

I don't think we'll see Punk again while under the UFC banner. But I have every faith that we will see Punk in a WWE ring again at some stage in the future. When it comes to Punk, when he makes "absolute" statements he tends to do the opposite, so I reckon he'll be back at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The poster for SD's next ppv - Backlash.....is this an ominous sign or am I reading too much into it?

55124_NET_INT_BG_Intl_KeyArt_VERT_HD_zps9fvivk81.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Either way he would be in the main event anyway in my opinion, be it a rematch or a new feud so I wouldn't read too much into it. That said I do expect him to defeat Ziggler even though I like how they are treating Ziggler atm and hope it continues especially him being more serious and using the superkick (HBK style).

Either way he would be in the main event anyway in my opinion, be it a rematch or a new feud so I wouldn't read too much into it. That said I do expect him to defeat Ziggler even though I like how they are treating Ziggler atm and hope it continues especially him being more serious and using the superkick (HBK style).

Ambrose needs a win to continue his reign and lend legitimacy to it. And Ziggler's story-arc would be far, far better served with a loss and a heel turn. So I'd be expecting a clean Ambrose win, perhaps trying to shake Dolph's hand after the match only to eat a superkick.

Remember that time R Truth was on the Hell in a Cell PPV poster in 2013, and didn't even appear on the card?

PPV posters are just there to look cool, wouldn't read much into them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Remember that time R Truth was on the Hell in a Cell PPV poster in 2013, and didn't even appear on the card?

PPV posters are just there to look cool, wouldn't read much into them

+1. Posters rarely spoil anything these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Anything less than Devitt walking out of the main event as Cosmos champion and I'm going to be so angry I will kick my pet cat into the next dimension

• Advertisement

Why in the name of god did they have that awesome ending for Zayn/Owens at Battleground only to do and do this. The mind boggles

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/766703753105997824

Advertisement