Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerslam 2016 Pre-Show & Live Show

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Three heel wins in a row. I wonder what they're planning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Apollo is so bland good in the ring just bland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mixed tag of Miz and Maryse vs Rusev and Lana at the next duel PPV please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

sky88 wrote: »
    Apollo is so bland good in the ring just bland
    Yeah, he's super talented, but he just doesn't have a particularly defined character yet. I'm still confused about why he was called up so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

is there anyone else that can be the face apart from otunga its so boring listening to him.

I know JBL is annoying and comes out with rubbish but at least he has a personality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Really weird were this is positioned and the women's match was

Angron wrote: »
    Yeah, he's super talented, but he just doesn't have a particularly defined character yet. I'm still confused about why he was called up so quickly.

The look.
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Apollo another one who is a charisma black hole.

The smiling man gimmick is killing him. Give him either a smug heel gimmick or a monster heel. This every man smiley nobody does nothing for him. Reminds me of when the rock started except Crews is much better in the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Maybe the women's title match was on early due to the brand split? First two matches were raw, now we have two smackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Angron wrote: »
    That ending felt unusually abrupt.

Always felt to me it was a match just set up to get the IC champ a match, never felt Crews was taken serious. Crews just feels like a guy who's there to fill up the roster rather then to be any kind of champ.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Maybe the women's title match was on early due to the brand split? First two matches were raw, now we have two smackdown.

If that was the case why didn't they go brand for brand in match order?

Loughc wrote: »
    If that was the case why didn't they go brand for brand in match order?

No idea, I'm just reaching for an explanation hah!

After three heel's winning no way AJ is winning this. Expect a great match but a Cena win is expected.

No idea, I'm just reaching for an explanation hah!

True if we try to think like vince and co we might end up in a dark dark place haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

What's crazy to me is that they've got guys like Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, and Robert Roode in NXT who are more than capable of filling the main roster, yet they bring up Apollo Crews who shouldn't have been called up.

Cqa_L5pVIAE4rB6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This might explain the title change in the Women's match, Sasha's been yanked from all live RAW events.. Due back September 23rd....

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0821/616784/sasha-banks-removed-from-listings-for-upcoming-wwe-live-events/index.shtml

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    This might explain the title change in the Women's match, Sasha's been yanked from all live RAW events.. Due back September 23rd....

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0821/616784/sasha-banks-removed-from-listings-for-upcoming-wwe-live-events/index.shtml

Ahhh suspension impending so....

No one seems to get better height on a back drop than styles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Apparently Sasha's been suspended for violating the wellness policy according to a few people on Twitter....makes sense I guess

The girls must have went on a snow party

Riddle101 wrote: »
    What's crazy to me is that they've got guys like Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, and Robert Roode in NXT who are more than capable of filling the main roster, yet they bring up Apollo Crews who shouldn't have been called up.

That's cause HHH see's the likes of Joe, Aries and Roode as figureheads of the NXT. The likes of Crews are just to make up numbers on the roster cause they re lower card/jobber guys. That's why Bayley and Balor were been kept back so long in NXT, big money is seen in the guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    Ahhh suspension impending so....

Aye, they are being handed out left, right and center..

Apparently Sasha's been suspended for violating the wellness policy according to a few people on Twitter....makes sense I guess

Jaysus we'll have no one left at the rate they are suspending people!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I know the "5 moves of doom" is a bit of a running joke, but I always find it funny when Cena does a simple enough move like the dropkick, just cause it's unusual.

I don't know what it is but everything Mario calls immediately sounds more legitimate just because it's being said in that voice of his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Sasha is usually a very emotional person. Saw a vid of her earlier crying at just the announcement of the Women's Title. Was she crying after losing the belt or seeming upset in any way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Looper007 wrote: »
    That's cause HHH see's the likes of Joe, Aries and Roode as figureheads of the NXT. The likes of Crews are just to make up numbers on the roster cause they re lower card/jobber guys. That's why Bayley and Balor were been kept back so long in NXT, big money is seen in the guys.

Yeah I guess, just feel for them is all though. They're great talents who are so close to the main roster, it would be nice to see them get that opportunity. Plus the number of match ups we'd see would be pretty cool too.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Yeah I guess, just feel for them is all though. They're great talents who are so close to the main roster, it would be nice to see them get that opportunity. Plus the number of match ups we'd see would be pretty cool too.

Sometimes it's better to be the main event of nxt than to end up like Baron Corbin, Apollo Creed, Tyler Breeze, etc etc.

Advertisement