Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swords Express

• 25-07-2016 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

I'm looking to move to Oldtown and I'll be commuting into the city centre for work. Just wondering how people find the Swords Express? Is it reliable and are there peak times when the buses pass by already full that I should avoid?

Also, is there free (or paid) parking near any of the bus stops for the Swords Express?

Any other suggestions for how to get into the city centre from Oldtown? I don't have parking in the city centre so will need to combine driving/public transport/cycling/walking to get in and just want to find the quickest and most reliable route!

I don't know the area so would greatly appreciate any advice!

Thanks for your help!!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You could chance parking in swords manor.

Alternatively it's five Euro a day to park in swords plaza

At the end of swords near pinnock hill roundabout parking on the street is free and you could walk to the bus stop at pennys

Service wise the express rarely fills up until the latter stops and they run a huge amount of busses

• Registered Users Posts: 13 decommuter771

Thanks a million stheno - I'll definitely check that out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭plodder

I live out there and public transport is a bit lacking all right. There used to be a Bus Eireann service, but now the 41B from Rolestown is about the best option. This time of year, I cycle a good bit, to East point, which is a fair hike of 15 miles, but very pleasant when weather nice. Otherwise I drive. We'd use the 41B all the time when heading into town of an evening. Don't really know the Swords Express though.

‘Why do you sit out here all alone?’ said Alice…..
    ‘Why, because there’s nobody with me!’ cried Humpty Dumpty.‘Did you think I didn’t know the answer to that?’

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

There's a Fingal Express expansion of the Swords Express. Last pick-up / First drop is where the Chuck Wagon used to be located. Should be good parking there and the road from Oldtown to the old N1 pops out a few 100m away

Thanks plodder - have been debating driving to Finglas and cycling from there. Cycle to work at the moment and I'm not looking forward to giving it up but just need to figure out what will be quickest getting in and home!

• Advertisement

Thanks jwwb - hadn't considered the Fingal Express at all but times look really good so might actually work out the best option, particularly if my LO ends up in Rolestown National School - thanks a million!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭plodder

Thanks plodder - have been debating driving to Finglas and cycling from there. Cycle to work at the moment and I'm not looking forward to giving it up but just need to figure out what will be quickest getting in and home!
    Northwood is another option. There's loads of free parking, and you won't encounter too much traffic getting there.

‘Why do you sit out here all alone?’ said Alice…..
    ‘Why, because there’s nobody with me!’ cried Humpty Dumpty.‘Did you think I didn’t know the answer to that?’

• Registered Users Posts: 4 psheanon

I'm shortly moving to Waterside on the Malahide road and have been advised to use the Swords Express to get into work in the city centre. I've also been told that there is free parking close by but as I'm new to the area I'm not sure where this is. Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

psheanon wrote: »
    I'm shortly moving to Waterside on the Malahide road and have been advised to use the Swords Express to get into work in the city centre. I've also been told that there is free parking close by but as I'm new to the area I'm not sure where this is. Anyone got any ideas?

Maybe Airside?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Singer wrote: »
    Maybe Airside?

No you'd get clamped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Didn’t want to start a new thread for this but swords express have added a new sweeper service towards swords in the evenings. It starts at North wall Quay at 5:35 and picks up there and the point before carrying on the 500 route. It’s been a nightmare trying to get a bus there between 5 and 6 for a long time so this is a welcome addition.

Edit: There's also another one at 5:15 from the same stop.

Advertisement