Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recently sent emails not appearing in sent folder on eir webmail

Options
  • 25-07-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

Hi, any recent emails I've sent are not appearing when I look in my sent emails folder. The most recent sent email is from April and I've definitely sent loads since then. The emails are sending no problem because I've asked the person receiving. I am logging into webmail with my iPad and tried the various different viewing options but all are the same. Any advice? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

What are you using to send your emails?
    In your settings, make sure you are selecting imap, and have selected an imap folder to store your outgoing email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,  any recent emails I've sent are not appearing when I look in my sent emails folder. The most recent sent email is from April and I've definitely sent loads since then. The emails are sending no problem because I've asked the person receiving. I am logging into webmail with my iPad and tried the various different viewing options but all are the same. Any advice? Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]youcancallmeal,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this, I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]youcancallmeal,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this, I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.[/font]

Hi I only got around to looking into this today. I tried ringing those numbers you provided and it insists you enter an eir phone number which I do not have so it won't connect me to a support agent. Can you advise please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

What programme are you using to send your emails? You have to tell your clients which imap folder to store your sent mail.

Just using the web client. I figured it out, if you go into preferences>composing then down the bottom there is an option to save sent messages to the sent folder, this was disabled for some reason. Strange one, I don't remember disabling, could be a new option they introduced a few months back and just disabled it be default? 

• Advertisement

This issue seems to persist on the mobile/tablet version of the webmail. So sent emails are now showing up fine on normal desktop version of the site but on mobile version the sent emails folder is actually completely empty. In preferences for the mobile version(See attached screenshot) there is no options for sent emails so not sure what else I can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use the desktop version on your tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've had a few of my regular "can you take a look at my PC, it's fooked?" clients with exactly the same problem in the last few weeks.

In all cases, not only was this setting unchecked, but it was obvious that the account had been hacked. Loads of "Mail undeliverable" messages in the Inbox, Drafts folder full of unsent emails and the Address book full of unknown contacts. For some reason the perpetrators didn't (or couldn't?) change the password, so a simple password change, a good amount of housekeeping deleting all the accumulated crap, and all was well again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi I only got around to looking into this today. I tried ringing those numbers you provided and it insists you enter an eir phone number which I do not have so it won't connect me to a support agent. Can you advise please?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]youcancallmeal.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you press the ''#'' key you should get straight through.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement