Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driveway Security Posts

Options
  • 25-07-2016 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have two removable security posts to be installed in my concrete driveway. Does anyone know someone who would install them?

Alternatively has anyone done the job themselves and know how bad it is? Would have to hire the machinery obviously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Do you mean the lockable ones that are sometimes usd to block parking spaces?

If so then all you need is a decent SDS drill, rawl bolts and a suitable masonary drill bit and of course a spanner/ wrench.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dizzz

kub wrote: »
    Do you mean the lockable ones that are sometimes usd to block parking spaces?

If so then all you need is a decent SDS drill, rawl bolts and a suitable masonary drill bit and of course a spanner/ wrench.

Thanks for the reply, yes it's a cylindrical heavy duty removable driveway post for locking a car in and it sits down into a square base with a flap that lifts up when you are putting the post in.

It won't let me attach a picture or link but if you do a quick google search for Hartecast HC2061 that's it with stainless steel flip lid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

You could easily do this with a cheap angel grinder for about 40 euro, a couple of concrete cutting disks (€2 each) a cold chissel for about a tenner and a lump hammer for a similar price. Add to this a small amount of sand, gravel and cement and a small trowel for about a fiver. If you wanted to save on money you could do it without the angel grinder but I wouldn't recommend it. Concrete is pretty easy to cut through unless there are a lot of stones in it, the cold chisel will sort those out easy enough. Don't forget safety goggles and a dust mask. At the end you will have the job done and a much improved toolbox.

I have an small angel grinder I got in lidl years ago for about €20 and I have used it on all types of steel and concrete. Once you get good disks a draper or similar hand grinder should be fine.

Advertisement