Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 1 Year Deposit Account

• 25-07-2016 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭

Who has the best rate for a one year deposit account ?

I thought Rabo were good but I checked and they're now offering a whopping 0% AER.

Am I better off sticking with Permanent TSB at 0.75%?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,761 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Who has the best rate for a one year deposit account ?

The highest 1 year rate is 1.40% AER fixed with Alior Bank via Raisin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Cheers. Seems like an awful lot of agro to go foreign - I'll stick with PTSB I reckon! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,761 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

To be honest, once you factor in DIRT, you are unlikely to make any sort of interest anyway, so all of the accounts will be much the same, so I'd go with the most convenient.

Of course if you were investing a HUGE sum of money it might be worth closer investigation of rates across institutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

NIMAN wrote: »
    To be honest, once you factor in DIRT, you are unlikely to make any sort of interest anyway, so all of the accounts will be much the same, so I'd go with the most convenient.

Of course if you were investing a HUGE sum of money it might be worth closer investigation of rates across institutions.

Yep the difference between switching banks isn't a whole lot for all the hassle, providing ID, address proof etc.

Thanks for the tips all! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement