Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled my phone/broadband in May - just received a new bill

Options
  • 25-07-2016 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Received my final bill in June showing a credit balance of €5. Have just got an e-mail from Eir stating I now owe €54.40. I am unable to access the bill online as I am no longer a customer  - Can you explain this new charge

ps - I have cancelled my direct debit so won't be paying as I cannot see how I could owe anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Did you return the equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

no - was never advised I should- the modem is nearly 3 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

They usually charge for the equipment if not returned, but they usually send a courier to collect it. It could be the reason for the bill. What are the charges on the bill ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

kranbo wrote: »
    Received my final bill in June showing a credit balance of €5. Have just got an e-mail from Eir stating I now owe €54.40. I am unable to access the bill online as I am no longer a customer  - Can you explain this new charge

ps - I have cancelled my direct debit so won't be paying as I cannot see how I could owe anything
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kranbo,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number and I can arrange to send you a copy of your final bill.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

gerard2210 wrote: »
    They usually charge for the equipment if not returned, but they usually send a courier to collect it. It could be the reason for the bill. What are the charges on the bill ?
    Don't know as I have not received a paper copy - the reps here are going to send me a copy. Will keep u updated

• Advertisement

Don't know as I have not received a paper copy - the reps here are going to send me a copy. Will keep u updated
    Hi  kranbo,

I sent you a copy of the bill this morning.

-Pamela 

Hi  kranbo,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela

I tried ringing Eir this evening  re bill (which stated other charges) - 1st operator couldn't see what the charge was but reckoned it was for the modem!!!!. She said she would have to transfer me- still waiting 20 mins later and have now given up.

So I assume its for the modem which is a bit sneaky considering its over 2 years old and I was not advised that it had to be returned when I cancelled. Can you confirm if I can arrange for the modem to be collected because I have no intention of paying for the return myself. Can you advise please?

Kranbo

• Registered Users Posts: 8 susietwink

OP, I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread! I'm having the exact same problem. I paid my Eir bill for 58.56 on 31/5/16 for the month of June. I decided to leave Eir (due to poor customer service) and go with Sky at the beginning of June. Eir disconnected me within 3 days of signing with Sky (even though I had paid for the full month). Nightline couriers arrived (which I knew nothing about) to collect equipment a few days later. He was in a rush and told me all he needed was the modem not to worry about cables etc. I received an online bill for 1.60 credit on 16/6/16 and now I have received another online bill for 58.39. I, like the OP, have cancelled my DD and I cannot access My Eir online account as it has 'ceased'. I have emailed Eir twice, I had an automated reply the first time but nothing from my second email. Can you look into this for me please?
    Susan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

susietwink wrote: »
    OP, I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread! I'm having the exact same problem. I paid my Eir bill for 58.56 on 31/5/16 for the month of June. I decided to leave Eir (due to poor customer service) and go with Sky at the beginning of June. Eir disconnected me within 3 days of signing with Sky (even though I had paid for the full month). Nightline couriers arrived (which I knew nothing about) to collect equipment a few days later. He was in a rush and told me all he needed was the modem not to worry about cables etc. I received an online bill for 1.60 credit on 16/6/16 and now I have received another online bill for 58.39. I, like the OP, have cancelled my DD and I cannot access My Eir online account as it has 'ceased'. I have emailed Eir twice, I had an automated reply the first time but nothing from my second email. Can you look into this for me please?
    Susan
    Hi susietwink,

Thank you for getting in touch :) I am very sorry to hear this has happened :(

If you wish to PM me your account number I will be more than happy to check this out for you.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Susan
    Hi susietwink,

If you wish to PM me your account number I will be more than happy to check this out for you.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.
    Thanks, Ciara! PM sent
    Susan

• Advertisement

eir: Ciara wrote: »
    Susan
    Hi susietwink,

Kind Regards,
    Ciara.
    Thanks, Ciara! PM sent
    Susan
    Thank you Susan, 

I have responded to your PM and resolved the issue for you :)

-Ciara

Hi  kranbo,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela

I tried ringing Eir this evening  re bill (which stated other charges) - 1st operator couldn't see what the charge was but reckoned it was for the modem!!!!. She said she would have to transfer me- still waiting 20 mins later and have now given up.

So I assume its for the modem which is a bit sneaky considering its over 2 years old and I was not advised that it had to be returned when I cancelled. Can you confirm if I can arrange for the modem to be collected because I have no intention of paying for the return myself. Can you advise please?

Kranbo
    Hi you appear to have missed or ignored my query above - can you advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭bill66

This is par for the course for Eir, they are in a terrible state.  I had a similar problem with them demanding money after I had cancelled.  They even threatened court action and debt collectors, but could never provide an accurate bill.  I told them I would love for them to show what a disaster they are in a public court............they wrote off my outstanding balance.  They are a joke!

bill66 wrote: »
    This is par for the course for Eir, they are in a terrible state.  I had a similar problem with them demanding money after I had cancelled.  They even threatened court action and debt collectors, but could never provide an accurate bill.  I told them I would love for them to show what a disaster they are in a public court............they wrote off my outstanding balance.  They are a joke!
    Bank has rejected the direct debit - i await what happens next with interest

ps reps you still haven't reps responded to my query

Hi  kranbo,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela

Kranbo
    Hi you appear to have missed or ignored my query above - can you advise?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kranbo,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay. When closing an account you would be required to return the modem, this would be outlined in the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf. Once this is returned the €59.99 charge for the modem will be returned to you. This can be returned free of charge to -[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir Returns[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]PO Box 12726[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Freepost[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dublin 11[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

Hi Ciara,
    I sent you a PM as I've been sent a new bill!
    Susan

Hi Ciara,
    I sent you a PM as I've been sent a new bill!
    Susan
    Hi Susietwink,

I have responded to your PM.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

Advertisement