Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Butchers

• 25-07-2016 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm heading to Limerick in September to start a course in UL. In my home town we have a good butchers who do good deals like 3 or €9.99 or 5 for €20. They include low fat stuff like turkey burgers, turkey mince etc.

Can any of ye recommend a butchers that does something similar in Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Flavin's for me. Across from the Killmurry hotel.

Open 7 days a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Try Garretts in the complex opposite UL, they do meal deals and will even tell you how to cook it. High quality produce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya Garretts and Flavins are both very good. Go to Garretts regularly myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Yeah, you're actually lucky to have two of the best butchers in Limerick (Flavin's and Garrett's) based in Castletroy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you want good quality meat but not pay the prices of Garretts etc, try Jack Spratts, on the Roxboro rd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

No denying Garretts are good, but VERY expensive. Morrisseys butchers in the Parkway and Crescent shopping centres always seen to have deals on. Parkway SC is near UL OP.
    Also I don't know how you feel about buying meat in Aldi/Lidl? I buy from there and have never had any problems with anything I've ever bought. There's one of each near UL too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Ive had numerous problems with gone off meat from Aldi. Likewise veg.

I still go there but no longer buy the chicken and really inspect the fruit/veg.

O'Connells Butchers in Little catherine Street is an excellent butchers. One of the oldest and award winning too. It is always packed on a Saturday, sometimes a queue out the door.

Ya Aldi and sometimes Lidl are desperate for gone off fruit. Have had one too many rotten apples. Same with the chicken. It's gone rancid usually a good few days before the use by date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Seamus Butler's on Upper William St usually has good offers on, bit of a stretch from UL mind. Flavin's also worth a look, as already mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I usually tend to buy meat on the day I plan to use it. Very rarely it may overnight in the fridge, so unless that's why I've never had any problem with Aldi/Lidl?

• Advertisement

I usually tend to buy meat on the day I plan to use it. Very rarely it may overnight in the fridge, so unless that's why I've never had any problem with Aldi/Lidl?

I've never had a problem with their steaks or other meats. It's just been the chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Try the butchers in SuperValu, they often have very good value packs. I like Garrets too and they can have some great offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

If you are ever out the Corbally way, Nolan's on the Corbally road do a very wide variety of stuff including turkey burgers & mince, further out the Corbally Rd you will get the finest fillet steak, from their own cows at Craughans, no steak knife needed, you can cut it with a spoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

If you are ever out the Corbally way, Nolan's on the Corbally road do a very wide variety of stuff including turkey burgers & mince, further out the Corbally Rd you will get the finest fillet steak, from their own cows at Craughans, no steak knife needed, you can cut it with a spoon

Craughan's Butchers and O'Connell's butchers in town are related.

Advertisement