Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High quote after living abroad

Options
  • 25-07-2016 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Iv been abroad since February 2013
    Ncb no longer valid
    Full driving license & drove abroad
    Ridiculous quotes for insurance
    Any one know of any insurance companies that allow u to use ur time abroad driving as part of ur quote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Ive seen Aviva do the odd one for me, backed up with documentation from the foreign company.

Query it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

I got insurance with Aviva when I came back to Ireland. They accepted the NCB from a Spanish insurer. IIRC there were 3 companies willing to take the NCB. I can't remember which other ones were willing to do it, but it is possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I nearly fell of the chair when I looked at my car insurance renewal quote there 15 minutes ago. 2 years ago my insurance was €451 last year was €775 and now the same insurance crowd want €1228.05 lol. insanity this is, have to sell the car now as I cannot get a quote because the car is 15 years old, the government need to step in and sort this robbery out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 craigehughes

Glad to hear you are at least getting quotes... my wife moved back recently (I'll follow shortly) and she cannot even get a quote for insurance! We've been away for 2 years (in the desert; UAE) and she's not been driving. I have the details of my previous policies where she was a named driver, but apparently it's not good enough any more.

So frustrating, she's been driving for 30 years, never had an accident, but now she is considered "not insurable"! If anyone has any ideas how you get around this, I'd really appreciate it.

BTW: Im going to have the same issue when I return, the UAE insurance is on the car not the individual, so not considered.

Advertisement