Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laser hair removal burns

Options
  • 25-07-2016 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hi

i have got my laser hair removal done on my legs ,bikini and forearm. this was my first session and i have few burns on my elbow and few on my legs luckily nothing on sensitive area. i am really worried to go for next session. is this negligence of therapist or common thing, this is some thing unexpected what to do..? please help..

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

reena wrote: »
    hi

i have got my laser hair removal done on my legs ,bikini and forearm. this was my first session and i have few burns on my elbow and few on my legs luckily nothing on sensitive area. i am really worried to go for next session. is this negligence of therapist or common thing, this is some thing unexpected what to do..? please help..

thank you

Mod
    Have moved thread to beauty. You should get better responses here. Their charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Aloe gel in the chemists. Get the purest form of it and put it in the fridge before applying. Laser commonly burns.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 reena

Thank you for reply .. did treat with ice and aloe.. the pain was gone few hours.. but there still mark on them it's little more than normal burn.. I am worried should I stop the further sessions..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I'm not an expert, but AFAIK you shouldn't get burns from laser hair removal

Ya thanks.. I don't know what to do.. I did contact the clinic they took some pictures and said its superficial burns it will go in few week..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Laser burns but the burns fade. It's nothing to worry about but it is scary when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Should you go back to a therapist that's burned you before?

I've had laser and I wasn't warned about these burns being common, it's quite scary reading

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

That's absolutely disgraceful I would be back in to speak with the manager. Was a patch test performed?

Edited to add that burns are a risk with laser but they should not be a common occurrence. It usually means that the setting is too high for the skin type (Fitzpatrock scale etc) but obviously will vary with each system used.

Thank you.. Yes the patch test was done and it was ok I did not have any reaction.. i spoke to manager today and she said she was new who did my lasers.. I have the appointment with manager on Saturday to see how the burn is healing.. I don't know what to say..?
    Thanks for all your help..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

You should NOT get burns after laser treatment. A bit of redness for a while and slight stinging is normal but burns are not.

I would consider following this up with your GP and lodge a complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

You should NOT get burns after laser treatment. A bit of redness for a while and slight stinging is normal but burns are not.

I agree ,I've never got them or been warned about them and I had 6 sessions.I'd go back in to show them to the manager asap .Don't let her fob you off OP.

I would consider following this up with your GP and lodge a complaint.

thanks.. i am new to this kind of treatment in ireland how can i file a complain and where should i?
    please help.

Colser wrote: »
    I agree ,I've never got them or been warned about them and I had 6 sessions.I'd go back in to show them to the manager asap .Don't let her fob you off OP.

hi thanks i did go to clinic and showed them they gave me aloe cream and have asked to come back on Saturday. but today i saw a boil in one of burn should i go again?. sorry what do u meant by " Don't let her fob you off OP" thanks

reena wrote: »
    hi thanks i did go to clinic and showed them they gave me aloe cream and have asked to come back on Saturday. but today i saw a boil in one of burn should i go again?. sorry what do u meant by " Don't let her fob you off OP" thanks

That means don't let her make out this is a normal situation.

This is actually very serious especially if you are getting boils. Do you have a doctor here you can attend?

Take pictures of your burns as they are now also

That means don't let her make out this is a normal situation.

This is actually very serious especially if you are getting boils. Do you have a doctor here you can attend?

Ok thank u.. ya I have taken lots of pictures.. I have got 1 boil . Yes I do have a gp here i did go to pharmacist today she advised not to prick the boil it will get fine in few day. Thanks you so much for all your help..

Advertisement