Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College and Leap Card Need Help

Options
  • 25-07-2016 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Im confused as hell about the Leap Card all the zones and fair capping i need it simply put to me..... im trying to see what will be cheaper public transport or driving cause im going to be broke as hell from September....

I will be traveling from Drogheda to Coolmine Train Station (IT Blanchardstown) 5 days a week I keep reading that a daily cap for students is 7.50 and weekly of 30.00 ..... so does that mean no mater how many times i go up and down to college in the week it will only cost me 30.00 a week ?????...... i searched the commuter comes to Drogheda "The Northern Commuter"

also during the year I will be in work experience in the city and may need to use the Luas is this counted under the 30 euro also or will the cap of the luas be added on top of the 30.00 ... the weekly cap for the luas is 18.00 so does that mean i will be paying 48 a week to get to college and work experience ???

This is really confusing me, can anyone help me out.....

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭FriendlySkull

im even more confused now, apparently you can use the leap card for the Northern Commuter but only on the bus and its 50 euro for students from Drogheda to Dublin City Center......

Im almost thinking its 6 euro to ballbrigan then getting off and back on with the Leap to get to college............ this is abit of a joke that i may have to do it that one, sure the train from Drogheda is packed everyday ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

im even more confused now, apparently you can use the leap card for the Northern Commuter but only on the bus and its 50 euro for students from Drogheda to Dublin City Center......

Im almost thinking its 6 euro to ballbrigan then getting off and back on with the Leap to get to college............ this is abit of a joke that i may have to do it that one, sure the train from Drogheda is packed everyday ...

Leap is not currently available on train services north of Balbriggan. If/when it is it will be a lot more than €30/week.

You should note that IT blanch is about 5km from Coolmine station. AFAIR they run a shuttle bus from there.

Bus Eireann run an hourly service from Drogheda to Blanchardstown but it is primarily to serve the towns en route so is quite slow, about 1h30. IT Blanch is about a 15-20min walk from the closest stop at the N3 slip road.

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1465298979-Route-105_V6.pdf

A 7 day student Blue zone Bus Eireann leap fare (€49.30) would cover that route as well as 100X, 101, 101X Drogheda-Dublin city routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OisinDunne

Except that the leap card reader is in the far side in Balbriggan.
    What you have to do is....
    1. Get monthly student ticket from Drogheda to Balbriggan.
    2. Board early train in Drogheda.
    3. Get off in Balbriggan, cross platform, tag on, cross platform again and wait for next train.
    4. Get off train in Dublin and transfer to coolmine train.

Coming home, you can easily tag off in Balbriggan if you sit at the right place. Easy to hop off, tag off and get back on.

Fare would be €90 a month (Drogheda to Balbriggan) plus €30 a week leap cap.

Only other option is to really start pushing the nta to get Drogheda included in the short hop zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

OisinDunne wrote: »

Only other option is to really start pushing the nta to get Drogheda included in the short hop zone.

Or get it into a leap card zone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭FriendlySkull

theres a bus that goes from Drogheda every hour that stops in Blanch Center for 55 a week i guess im going to have to get that, guy in the depo was saying i should get a leap card and just load the 10 journey ticket on that so i wont lose the paper ticket, is that right ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Drive, it will save you a lot of hazzle apart from the parking at the college. I think it's pay parking and most Park over at corduff much to the annoyance of the residents.

Advertisement