Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any decent PC help shops?

• 26-07-2016 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I built my PC there yesterday and I'm confident that I've done everything correctly, it boots up and stuff, but after I installed W10 on my SSD, it doesn't recognise my HDD and doesn't connect to the internet after I put my ethernet into the port.

Also, my motherboard is giving my memory initialisation errors aswell which I can't figure out to correct which is why I'm looking for a decent place that will help me fix the issues and not **** up the computer that I built and spent quite an amount of money on.

Any decent places around? Maybe even ones that may even take a look at it before charging money? One place I found is by the Travelodge near UL, but can't find anyone to vouch for it. I'm doing a Computer Science degree in UL aswell so I don't want to go to any inexperienced places.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

List your build here.
    Are you operating from your house or a dorm?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B8ZZ

I'm at home, about 10 minute drive from town.

GIGABYTE GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming Edition
    Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz
    Noctua NH-U14S CPU Fan
    GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 TH Motherboard
    Crucial 288 Pin 16GB (8GB x2) CL16 DDR4
    HGST Deskstar NAS - 4TB HDD - SATA III 3.5" - 7200RPM
    SanDisk SDSSDHII-480G-G25 Ultra II SSD 480 GB SATA III 2.5"
    Seasonic SS-860XP2 Active PFC Platinum-860 PSU (860 Watt, ATX 12V)
    Silverstone RV02B-EW Case

OS is W10 Home 64bit

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭B8ZZ

sugarman wrote: »
    By the sounds of it you just need to install and/or update all your drivers.

Go into device manager to check if you're missing any drivers to start with.

As for the drive, you'll need format it in disk manager for it to be recognised.

Thing is, how am I able to do that without getting online to update them if the Ethernet cable isn't getting picked up by the PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Normally you need to download all the drivers from the net to a USB from a different PC/laptop then loan them up on the newly built PC and install them.

Edit: *load (stupid auto-correct)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

B8ZZ wrote: »

Any decent places around? Maybe even ones that may even take a look at it before charging money? One place I found is by the Travelodge near UL, but can't find anyone to vouch for it. I'm doing a Computer Science degree in UL aswell so I don't want to go to any inexperienced places.

If you don't sort out your PC then Express PC Repair by the Kilmurry roundabout opposite the Castletroy SC is another place close to you. Billy is a sound bloke and normally will look at it first before charging you and used to do discounts for students. It's been a few years since I've had any dealings with him so not sure if he still does stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Would recommend Billy everyday great service and prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Www. dbcomp. Ie they normally only deal with businesses but will sort you out. Can collect/call to you or you can drop it in etc.

Advertisement