Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing from the US -yea or nae?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bad_alibi

Add $250 import fee, shipping, import tax & VAT and hey presto your great deal is gone.

@ €500 for the 10/22 are you been held up with the gun you should be able to get the basic model for €380-€420 depending on dealer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Pretty sure courtlough are selling them cheaper than 500

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭turismo2142

Correct,

Don't bother. Importing European brands, however, is a different matter. Anything from the States is never going to be cheap/quick/straightforward.

I know a few people who brought in Smith & Wesson .22 pistols and their hearts were broken but the whole process.

€500? You should nearly get mounts and a scope with it for that price (albeit a basic enough one)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Really do need to crunch the numbers on it these days.It used to be worthwhile a few years ago ,but the 250 dollar export fee is a killer on top of everything.
    Just for an example.When I re barrelled my rifle from.243 to .308.It actually worked out cheaper to get a Walther match barrel and a local gunsmith to set it up ,chamber and fit and headspace by 200 euros than to import a bog standard.308 issue barrel from the US.

As for paying 500 quid for a Ruger 10/22. Have a look at the UK Guntrader website.All types and shapes thereof form 100 stg upwards.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

Lads in Harbour House sell the standard blued barrell, wooden stock for €360 and the stanless version for €420.

I only picked a stanless one up a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement