Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IBT instructor paid but not returning calls

• 26-07-2016 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi all payed I my IBT instructor on the 08/07/2016 , said he would text me with dates . Texted on dates to appear but a day before he rang and said he would have to cancel and will be in touch with new dates .
    So far since then he wont answer his phone , has texted me back twice saying he'l be in contact with me , but nothing so far .

Just getting abit worried about the situation now and wondering where i stand or what i can do ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Let him know you'll be onto the RSA. His ability to issue IBT certs depends on him being listed with them. If he doesn't, then make sure to follow through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Hes actually not listed on the RSA website as an Instructor just heard of him of by word of mouth , and plenty people i know got their certs from him . One person did actually say to me i forgot to mention is that he might be having trouble with licensing from being too lenient with learners .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Hes actually not listed on the RSA website as an Instructor just heard of him of by word of mouth , and plenty people i know got their certs from him . One person did actually say to me i forgot to mention is that he might be having trouble with licensing from being too lenient with learners .

Call the RSA and ask if he's a listed instructor, and report him if not. He could be just still issuing certs because they didn't take his physical book of certs off him. I'd imagine they'd still work as I don't know if anyone would ever check it fully. Still, he seems a bit dodge (and it's not the first bit of money-grubbing and dodginess I've heard from some IBT instructors, listed or not).

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Call the RSA and ask if he's a listed instructor, and report him if not. He could be just still issuing certs because they didn't take his physical book of certs off him. I'd imagine they'd still work as I don't know if anyone would ever check it fully. Still, he seems a bit dodge (and it's not the first bit of money-grubbing and dodginess I've heard from some IBT instructors, listed or not).

Thanks mate i will do , i know there is a fair few around alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

What county are you in?

• Advertisement

longshanks wrote: »
    What county are you in?

Tipperary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Send the "Boys" around to the house....or wait for him to go shopping in track with the missus and see how evasive he is then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I am just wondering why you paid in advance? I paid a deposit, but certainly wouldn't pay the full fee until at least the day it starts.

Paulw wrote: »
    I am just wondering why you paid in advance? I paid a deposit, but certainly wouldn't pay the full fee until at least the day it starts.

Full payment secures booking seemingly :/ Got an update there today quite few lads are in trouble with the RSA for cutting hours ( 18 hours ibt done in 4-5 hours) thinking this lad could be one of them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Name and shame mate....name and shame. IBT is not cheap and could be the difference between life and death! Would not be surprised if he is still taking booking ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Name and shame mate....name and shame. IBT is not cheap and could be the difference between life and death! Would not be surprised if he is still taking booking ffs!

Don't name and shame on boards. It will get you in trouble.

But, it is a total disgrace and should be dealt with. Maybe have a word with your local Garda? Also make sure that the RSA know about it.

If you paid by bank transfer, or credit card, contact your bank about a chargeback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Paulw wrote: »
    Don't name and shame on boards. It will get you in trouble.

But, it is a total disgrace and should be dealt with. Maybe have a word with your local Garda? Also make sure that the RSA know about it.

If you paid by bank transfer, or credit card, contact your bank about a chargeback.
    Perhaps we should let the actual Mods for this forum make that call.

As it is a Civil Matter and the Gardai will not get involved.

Speak to a Solicitor and make an application to the Small Claims Court.

The local newspapers in your area, might well be interested in doing a story on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Why would it be a civil matter. Surely theft is criminal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I'm afraid it not theft, its fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It's not theft when you voluntarily hand over something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Del2005 wrote: »
    It's not theft when you voluntarily hand over something.

Not it's fraud or embezzlement, both are criminal.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Just an update : Emailed the RSA with all the details Monday and low and behold the IBT instructor rang me today :) just to say im going to have to be refunded as he wont be sorted with the RSA for a couple weeks at least .

Advertisement