Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel Spoke slightly bent

Options
  • 26-07-2016 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

As the title suggest I've noticed that one of the spokes on my front wheel is a bit loose and looks slightly bent. Is this going to cause any major problems?
    I was at a bike fitting last weekend and the guy there said I could get someone to fix it...Any ideas?
    Its the Giant P-Elite C Wheelset

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Tighten it with a spoke key. Youtube has vids. It's pretty easy.

If it's badly bent, replace it; your LBS should be able to give you one for less than a euro. Front wheel spokes are usually handy enough to replace.

Or - see this as a valid excuse to upgrade to a new set of wheels!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Don't tighten the loose spoke without checking if the wheel is out of true. The spoke could be loose because the rim is closer to the hub at that spoke, in which case, the spokes either side of the loose one going to the other side of the hub might need tightening instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Don't tighten the loose spoke without checking if the wheel is out of true. The spoke could be loose because the rim is closer to the hub at that spoke, in which case, the spokes either side of the loose one going to the other side of the hub might need tightening instead.

Fair point.

Advertisement