Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why so few HDMI ports?

• 26-07-2016 10:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭

I'm buying a new TV - 43-48" or so, it will be mainly used for streaming and PS4 so not really interested in 4k etc. Budget is around 500e.

Only problem is that anything interesting me has only 2 HDMI ports. Ideally I would have 4 (PS4, cable decoder, HTPC and Now TV Box).

Anyone recommend something in this price range?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

If that's the only thing putting you off a model you like, you could always get a cheap HDMI switcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,449 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Pick up a used plasma, you'll have way better picture than 4K and probably 4 or so HDMI ports. Look for a Panasonic or Pioneer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

maximoose wrote: »
    If that's the only thing putting you off a model you like, you could always get a cheap HDMI switcher
    Thanks for the replies. I have a HDMI switcher but it is useless, constantly causes problems with resolution when changing from PS4 to PC etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Should look into getting a receiver, you'll only need 1 HDMI port on the TV, plus you can setup a decent sound system with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

jester77 wrote: »
    Should look into getting a receiver, you'll only need 1 HDMI port on the TV, plus you can setup a decent sound system with it.

... or put this money to your budget and buy something a bit better with more ports ?

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Mine has 4 it is a Samsung 55 inch don't know the exact model but it was a clearance from last year's stock and reduced greatly it was top spec but just discontinued and I got a great bargain think this is the way you should go if you don't want to up your budget. 3 are in use, ps4, android box and surround sound system. I use them all would be stuck with only 2 as you say.

Last recommendation is to get on to the richersounds guys they have a dedicated forum here, they will set you on the right path, plus they are based in Belfast and stg is cheaper than it used to be....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

ZENER wrote: »
    ... or put this money to your budget and buy something a bit better with more ports ?

Ken
    Sticking strictly to my 500 budget so a receiver or more expensive TV are not an option. Also not keen on using a HDMI splitter again so I think it is just a case of shopping around.

Advertisement