Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French Bulldog Breeders

• 26-07-2016 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭

How's it going, Myself and my wife have looked into it and are looking at getting a French Bulldog puppy. I've contacted the French bulldog society of Ireland to find out info about breeders but am wondering if anyone here knew of any good, responsible breeders we could look at. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I'm going to drop you a PM, but I will also give you a few pointers. Be aware you are likely to pay €1000+ for a well bred French Bulldog.

When meeting the parents (you should be able to meet and be in the same room as the mother, often the father would not be in the same household but owned by someone else, but some breeders may own both) be aware of the dogs breathing ability, you should not hear a whole lot of snorting, it's not fun owning a dog that whenever you cuddle with it it spits in your eye because it cannot breathe properly.

You should be able to acquire vet records from the owner, showing any reasons that their dog(s) has been to the vet, responsible breeders will have NO problem with this and will be happy to provide you with them as they would be breeding to eliminate genetic health problems. They will also show you certs showing what the parents have been tested for and their results. Be aware that FBs are becoming quite popular, which means they are frequently being bred and being bred without regard for the genetic health of the dog so be sure to not pick the first person who happens to have a litter, if you pick someone who has done no genetic testing (this is NOT a "vet check", that means nothing) you best be sure to have pet insurance as soon as you have a puppy, but I would recommend pet insurance for any FB owner regardless. I have some across so many poorly bred FBs, some of which are not even a year old and they are already on long term medication or have special dietary requirements, don't fall into the same trap. Know who you're buying from. Good breeders welcome questions and are totally open.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sumosi

Just a word of advice - Really do you homework with this. I purchased a French Bulldog from a "breeder" in Kildare who provided certificates etc - for over a thousand euros . My lovely "pedigree" French Bulldog has ongoing problems skin, ears etc I have another Frenchi came without certs getting on for 9 now and haven't had a days trouble. Agree 100% with VonVix .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daraod

Hi I am looking for a French bulldog pup at the moment any info would great...

Advertisement