Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Navara-chassis cracked:Nissan-DOE-Garage

• 26-07-2016 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just got my car serviced and been told that the car has the comon issue with Navara's:cracked chassis.
    Just read few articles online and seen pictures,looks pretty scary and makes me worried to drive my car afterwards !

Now,after been told i can't still comprehend what that could happen or it may happen, but i cant stop thinking about few things:

Nissan Ireland
    If they knew that is a possible issue with the Navara and the chasis,why they arent marked as a service optional / mandatory on the cars ?

DOE
    My jeep passed with no problems,less than two months ago the CVRT / DOE test.
    Apart of the usual wiper not working or other minuscule fault...wondering how or why they havent spotted the relative big rusty hole in the chassis !?

Local Nissan Garage
    Car been for service last year,they definitevely knew about the issue,why they haven't told me,warn me or inform me of the potential dangerous situation !?

Now,i dont want to go in full rant over the issue,but i suspect something rusted and rotten along these three main suppliers,to whom i trusted to look after my car,after my personal health !

Anyone in the same situation,care to share their story,please !?

Thanks

392729.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

whats the age of the Navara?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That shouldnt have passed the DOE at all.

Incidentally is there damage to your leaf springs there ?looks like the Tie is split and the Mount is bent to the left ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

I seen this a few times. Usually where the Navara is used on a building site or farm and doesn't get hosed down underneath regularly. The muck allows water to sit and rot the metal. Either way a bit of welding is now required. I've seen a builders 09 with a split chassis. I've also seen 02/03 private Navara's with perfect chassis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I've heard of a next to new navara with cracked chassis. It was a guy who used a huge cattle trailer on it but it was not an easy repair and nissan did not want to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭darg

Nissan are now recognising the issue and looking after owners. Theres a "snapped navara chassis" group on facebook have a look at it. Contact Nissan customer support and they will advise you what to do. They may offer to buy the navara or offer you up to 12k off a new one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Have heard of lads getting €11k for them off Nissan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Grueller

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Have heard of lads getting €11k for them off Nissan.

On a trade against a brand new one which is still not an option for a lot of drivers of what are now 10 year old pickups. I drive a 10 year old pick up and pumping roughly €25k into a new one would not be feasible.

mickdw wrote: »
    I've heard of a next to new navara with cracked chassis. It was a guy who used a huge cattle trailer on it but it was not an easy repair and nissan did not want to know.

A huge cattle trailer loaded may well be up to 5 tonnes. Way above the towing capacity of the new navara which is at 3.5 tonnes. The older one iirc had a capacity of 2.8 tonnes iirc. Wouldn't blame them from walking away if so.

I'm not certain it was a trade in deal. I remember Harris doing that with 3.0 troopers against D-Max's alright.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I'm not certain it was a trade in deal. I remember Harris doing that with 3.0 troopers against D-Max's alright.

That is a good wedge for a 10 year old jeep so. Anybody want a ten year old dmax at that money?

• Advertisement

I was only talking to a mechanic about it yesterday, and another last month who was looking to buy some. Don't know what truth there is in it TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Well,thanks for replies.

Went back to DOE /CVRT testing centre,asked for a copy of the certificate testing results.When showed the photo of the crack,the mechanic said straigh away that is a problem between me and Nissan ! So that makes me thinking that he / they know about the issue and kept quiet or is a conspiracy here !? I can't think of my reaction if they will have failed my car due to the crack !

The local garage,i know the service manager for more than 15 years,i asked him if my family was in the car and broke down "some how",how will he feel about hiding somehting like that to me ? O course,silence... then i've been asked to come back and put the car up on the ramp,photos will be taken and Nissan Ireland will deal with me directly after .

But now,the BIG q is,that if the DOE testing centre seen the open wide crack and heavy rust in the chassis as been legal acceptable and roadworthy ...then what is my stand against Nissan !??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Theres a salvage yard appears on my facebook liked them when I was getting parts once

6 Navaras in , in the past few weeks had me baffled why .... now I know.

OP personally I wouldnt put my family into something rotting like that.

I wish you well in your crusade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

We have one at work that broke in half when we took the bed off to check how bad the cracks in the chassis are.

It had a relatively recent cart.

Nissan didn't offer him much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Well,i contacted Nissan Ireland and their reply is :

Your vehicle should be presented to your local Nissan Dealer who will examine the vehicle and should there be a concern they will discuss your options with you.

Also,CVRT / DOE letter on their way,asking why my private car had only signs of rust on the breaking pipes and i had to replace whole breaking system AND a fukcing rusted hole in my Navara and they didnt bothered reporting back to its owner !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Grueller wrote: »
    That is a good wedge for a 10 year old jeep so. Anybody want a ten year old dmax at that money?

Isuzu were doing 7.5k + vat off a d-max for a trooper in any state. I remember getting a 3.0 that didn't even move under its own steam for 1100 to save the 7.5k

Advertisement