Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin zoo passes for Tayto park passes??

Options
  • 26-07-2016 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Firstly I hope I'm in the right area. If not, mods please move.

So. My mum bought us an annual pass for Tayto park at Christmas. Now my boys are 4 and 7 and to be honest I'm not sure we would get the full use of them.

The passes have not yet been activated and will be valid for 12 months/ 1 year once activated.

I was wondering if anyone would have an annual Dublin zoo pass I could swap with?? My boys would much prefer the zoo. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

4 and 7 is actually perfect age for Tayto park.

Although the annual pass doesn't include any of the extra stuff that you have to buy tokens for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

January wrote: »
    4 and 7 is actually perfect age for Tayto park.

Although the annual pass doesn't include any of the extra stuff that you have to buy tokens for.

We actually went last Halloween and my boys just didn't enjoy it. They were afraid of slot of the rides and just complained about the walking and the noise.

Maybe in a few yrs they will be better but for now the zoo suits them better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Dublin Zoo passes have the pass owners photo on them (as far as I know)

I'm not sure how a swap would work

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

trixychic wrote: »
    The passes have not yet been activated and will be valid for 12 months/ 1 year once activated.

If it's a year once activated and you think it'll suit them when they are older, when can't you keep for them for a year or so?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Zoo passes have the pass owners photo on them as far as I know so I'm not sure how a swap would work

Yeah, this. Dublin zoo have a photo on them. It's a poor quality photo, but still, a photo.

• Advertisement

I was just hoping someone had bought/procured a zoo pass without having activated it yet.

I could hold onto it I suppose. I don't know when the Tayto park one has to be activated as in this yr or next. But I can enquire.

Doesn't look like this is visible anyways. Thanks though

trixychic wrote: »
    I was just hoping someone had bought/procured a zoo pass without having activated it yet.

I could hold onto it I suppose. I don't know when the Tayto park one has to be activated as in this yr or next. But I can enquire.

Doesn't look like this is visible anyways. Thanks though

Maybe swap for zoo vouchers, if they exist. You could try adverts? Do tayto park not do refunds no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Cienciano wrote: »
    Yeah, this. Dublin zoo have a photo on them. It's a poor quality photo, but still, a photo.

When they scan the barcode on the card the picture comes up on their screen.

RustyNut wrote: »
    When they scan the barcode on the card the picture comes up on their screen.

I have a current pass and there's a photo on it? So it's on both the screen and the pass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I have a current pass and there's a photo on it? So it's on both the screen and the pass

Exactly, when your card is scanned the picture associated with the card pops up on the screen of the person in the booth so they can check that it is the cardholder that's using it.

• Advertisement

Maybe swap for zoo vouchers, if they exist. You could try adverts? Do tayto park not do refunds no?

Thanks for the reply. I might ring them and see. Otherwise I will look. Thanks again.

Advertisement