Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a way to check the healthcare waiting list

• 26-07-2016 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum. If there's a better one let me know.

I've a relative on the waiting list to get a hip replacement. She was scheduled to get it in June this year after a two year wait but 2 days before it she got contacted to say they were overbooked and it wouldn't be happening and that it'd be rescheduled for later on in the year.

Does anybody know how she can check the status of this? It seems like it's on a long finger. Her GP doesn't seem to be able to check it for her and I'd like her to know roughly when it's going to be. She's not hugely motivated to get it done. She'd prefer to live with the pain rather than have an op so she's not chasing it too much herself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Get a Healy-Rae on the case..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

There is a long term illness forum that might suit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,706 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Not sure if this is the correct forum. If there's a better one let me know.

I've a relative on the waiting list to get a hip replacement. She was scheduled to get it in June this year after a two year wait but 2 days before it she got contacted to say they were overbooked and it wouldn't be happening and that it'd be rescheduled for later on in the year.

Does anybody know how she can check the status of this? It seems like it's on a long finger. Her GP doesn't seem to be able to check it for her and I'd like her to know roughly when it's going to be. She's not hugely motivated to get it done. She'd prefer to live with the pain rather than have an op so she's not chasing it too much herself.

No offence but if her GP doesn't have access to this information then I doubt any boards users would either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Usually if you ring the secretary of the consultant they can give an idea of a time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Get a Healy-Rae on the case..:rolleyes:

Nah. They just ask pointless questions that get nowhere. We are able to do that ourselves :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I doubt the National Treatment Purchase Fund will be able to give information about a the particular position of a particular person on a waiting list, but I think they might have some helpful info on the overall size of the list.

Also, you might want to see about having it done in the North and sending the bill to the HSE under the treatment abroad scheme. I don't think you get all your costs, but it's worth looking into. There's a degree of entitlement in that system. At the very least making enquiries might move her along the list.

I think it's a total disgrace people are left waiting so long for such an operation. These are some of the best value services that the health system can provide and that the waiting list is so long is miserable.

At the very least I think the service managers should give you clear information on where your relative is on the list and how long the likely wait is at the moment.

Advertisement