Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown Live 26-7-2016

• 26-07-2016 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Cn_sjw-VUAAD7SV.jpg

After an excellent RAW, so excellent even Daniel Bryan acknowledged it in a Tweet

Well played, @RealMickFoley. We've got our work cut out for us tomorrow for #SmackDownLIVE. Are we up for the challenge? #YesYesYes

The bar has been set, the challenge has been accepted, let's see what's in store for Smackdown Live..

And so it begins
    Following their tremendous success in the WWE Brand Extension Draft on SmackDown Live’s premiere last Tuesday, Commissioner Shane McMahon and his General Manager Daniel Bryan will now hit the ground running with the help of an explosive locker room.

And it’s already getting interesting. In the spirit of friendly competition between WWE’s two premium brands, SmackDown Live struck first by beating Raw in the ratings last week! There is no doubt that Shane and Bryan intend to keep it that way. But how will they maintain their success? Big blue’s new live element will create a new level of spontaneous energy to the show each and every week. GM Bryan has also maintained he will put Superstars first. But what other factors might contribute to SmackDown Live staying on the top of the New Era?

Who will come after the WWE Title on SmackDown Live?
    Certainly having the WWE Champion won’t hurt! Yes, Sunday at WWE Battleground, WWE Champion Dean Ambrose triumphed over ex-Shield cohorts Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins in an awe-inspiring Triple Threat Match to keep WWE’s most prestigious prize on Tuesday nights! But now that everybody knows where it is, the real question becomes: Who is coming after it?

Could it be SmackDown Live’s resident 15-time World Champion John Cena? Or maybe it’ll be the Superstar who has made it his mission to neutralize the Cenation for months (and who likes a good title now and again), AJ Styles? Wouldn’t Randy Orton love to be WWE Champion heading into his SummerSlam showdown against Brock Lesnar? Or with Bryan known to fight for the underdog, what about the powerful Apollo Crews? Whoever decides to step into the limelight, look for a possible huge WWE Title match to be in the works for “The Biggest Event of the Summer” in the wake of Raw’s creation of the WWE Universal Title Monday.

But what about the rest of the SmackDown’s title picture? Certainly those with a thirst for gold can seek the Intercontinental Championship. The Miz is still in possession of the title,in spite of a less than definitive double-disqualification at WWE Battleground. With Darren Young on Raw, it will be interesting to see who takes his place as the No. 1 contender. Moreover, seeing as how Raw is in the midst of creating a WWE Universal Championship to offset the void created in the absence of the WWE Title, couldn’t SmackDown Live conceivably create addition titles as well — for the good of say their many talented tag teams and elite Women’s division? With Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon, anything is possible.

Will chaos create cash for SmackDown Live?
    Another thing that may set SmackDown Live apart from the competition is the potentially catastrophic nature of those currently residing in its locker room. In addition to the unstable aforementioned WWE Champion, what about the likes of The Viper Randy Orton? Or the vicious Baron Corbin? Demon Kane? Are you kidding me?

Such a volatile group of Superstars might not even make it from the car to the front door without inciting a brawl. Have you ever heard of Bray Wyatt — now separated from Wyatt Family disciple Braun Strowman — to recruit peacefully? The point is, at the very least, the WWE Universe can look for the all-out bedlam week in and week out.

Something new from NXT
    Now, with American Alpha, Alexa Bliss, Mojo Rawley and Carmella all coming to SmackDown Live, the WWE Universe is clamoring to find out what’s in store for these up-and-coming Superstars. The possibilities are endless. Though the WWE Tag Team Titles currently reside on Raw, greatness can be measured in many ways, and the likes of The Usos or The Vaudevillians are perfect for a dynamic combination of Jason Jordan and Chad Gable to prove their mettle on the main roster. Speaking of tag teams, has the WWE Draft effectively brought the “Hype Bros” back together? Hmm? Mojo did help Zack Ryder at WWE Battleground. And now that they are on the same show again, it’s definitely in the realm of possibility.

But the story of NXT potentially does not end with the men’s division. Case in point, consider Alexa Bliss! Last week, in an emotional WWE.com Exclusive, the vibrant athlete expressed just how much being drafted meant to her. It will be interesting to see how well her passion will transfer against her SmackDown Live opposition. And don’t you dare forget Carmella or you may regret it. The Staten Island Princess looks to cement herself in the upper echelon of SmackDown Live in a hurry and probably won’t mind taking out that likes of Becky Lynch and Natalya to do it.

The wild card
    But not everything great comes from difference. SmackDown Live is also loaded with former World, Intercontinental and United States Champions, including Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder and Kalisto, each one as skilled as they are dangerous and each one with SmackDown success in recent years. For them, it may be a new night, but in reality, it’s just another opportunity to reaffirm that SmackDown Live is their house.

SKY SPORTS 5 1AM

I also noticed that no-one corrected my mistake in the Live thread for last week, or has it even been spotted yet? :pac:

Whatculture W.T.F Moments sometime tomorrow afternoon..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The only good thing for Becky being on Smackdown is she will surely be the Face of the women's division and have a prominent role on the show every week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The only good thing for Becky being on Smackdown is she will surely be the Face of the women's division and have a prominent role on the show every week.

I def see her as the no.1 woman on the show. Okay the result at the PPV doesn't show that but imo that was the WWE trying to make a big deal outta Nattie because if Becky had won SDs womens roster really woulda just looked like Becky plus a load of also rans/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I def see her as the no.1 woman on the show. Okay the result at the PPV doesn't show that but imo that was the WWE trying to make a big deal outta Nattie because if Becky had won SDs womens roster really woulda just looked like Becky plus a load of also rans/

That ship has sailed IMO. She's good in the ring but other than that she is extremely meh to me. I mean without her last name would she still be in the company ? I mean total divas is the only way she has been relevant for the most part for years. I've big hopes for alexa bliss as she has huge upside and carmella is someone who will get over with the crowd and is steadily getting better in the ring.

Eva Marie I don't see as much upside or much potential for improvement in the ring and again total divas has a lot to answer for.

I think Apollo crews could get a nice push to the IC title pick at first. Hes got it all in the tank to be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Hopefully another new stage set uo

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yeah, new sets and new theme songs for both shows going forward.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I hope the stage isnt the same as the Raw one with just the circle thing being blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I hope the stage isnt the same as the Raw one with just the circle thing being blue.
    Old school smackdown fist ? I hope there are distinctive things that differentiate between the two shows. I mean outside of the different colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's what it is though. They can't really hide that when you compare it Raw's roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    That ship has sailed IMO. She's good in the ring but other than that she is extremely meh to me. I mean without her last name would she still be in the company ? I mean total divas is the only way she has been relevant for the most part for years. I've big hopes for alexa bliss as she has huge upside and carmella is someone who will get over with the crowd and is steadily getting better in the ring.

Eva Marie I don't see as much upside or much potential for improvement in the ring and again total divas has a lot to answer for.

I think Apollo crews could get a nice push to the IC title pick at first. Hes got it all in the tank to be very good.

Don't agree with those comments on Natalya at all. She made Charlotte with her in-ring battles with her on NXT and she's far above most of the dross that the company has in the women's division. Also think Apollo Crews is a charisma vacuum and was brought up far too soon. I wouldn't be surprised if he winds up back in NXT soon. I agree on Eva.

I'm wondering do they announce new belts for the tag and women's division on the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

They kinda have to, seen as Raw got a new set. If Smackdown keeps the old then there is no question who Daddy loves the most.

The child with the new bike or the child with his sibling old bike.

As Raw has gone back to red hot, industrial style of the first split, I wouldn't be surprised if Smackdown follows suit and goes back to fighter first style of the original.

The opening will more than like mirror the I want it all Smackdown opening

Raw has rock so Smackdown, I think, will be hip-hop. Besides, let us be honest after this theme all of Smackdowns themes were dumpster fires that made "Tonight is the night" look excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cena and Styles? Make it a triple threat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Mojo Rawley or Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They can't just name them after Raw having 2 fatal 4 ways and what was basically a number 1 contenders match to choose Balor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah no way will they be able to phone it in. Has to be Styles.

Aren't Styles and Cena going to blow off their feud at Summerslam?

I think it might be Bray Wyatt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Only way they could top Raw last night is if the number one contender is Daniel Bryan himself. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Ladies and gentlemen, your number one contender for the WWE Championship: It's Bayley!"

Smackdown Universal Women's Title tournament ;) Becky for the win,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Saw a picture on Twitter and there's no change too the SmackDown set,they've brought back the blue ring ropes,which I like. Commentary table stays where it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Has to be bray. Can't see any other credible challengers that aren't already in a story.

Actually kane scared

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Looks like Backlash will be back in Sept as a SD PPV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Wyatt v ambrose i reckon at summerslam

The sixth place is open to everyone.

Diva's included?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Bray's new image looks cool. Is the Wyatt family no more ???

Mauro is gonna need back support. I see him carrying this announce team until they find their feet

I don't know why but I'm getting a strong TNA vibe off the show so far if that makes sense.

Zack ryder a botch machine tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Otunga are you still there.

• Advertisement

All the dead air

Shelton Benjamin return confirmed! :D

Ye Shelton is back:)

Is Charlie still wrestling?

I'd love to see The World's Greatest Tag Team and American Alpha have a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

First impressions: Otunga sounds really weird. Not a fan of the fact they're using the same new camera angles and ringside interviews as Raw, like the idea of the two brands being presented as seperate entities with their own quirks. The roster really is small. SHELTON.

Wonder if this means MVP is coming back too? It was reported at the same time Shelton was, so I'm thinking he'll be back.

Ziggler needs a complete overhaul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

martyos121 wrote:
    Wonder if this means MVP is coming back too? It was reported at the same time Shelton was, so I'm thinking he'll be back.

Yeah I read Shelton, MVP, Curt Hawkins and Jinder Mahal.

Shelton Benjamin is one of my favourite Intercontinental champions of all time. Delighted he's back. Hopefully he has his first 'Ain't no stopping me' theme and not the crappy final one he had.

Could not care less about Jinder and Hawkins but delighted Shelton is back

Yes Alexa. :)

And the other two just ruined it.

And Eva just ruined it even more. Christ the women's division on Smackdown is a right joke.

Jasus eva marie is savage

• Advertisement

Smackdown's women's division looks pretty wretched.

Poor becky has some job to get decent matches out of those women

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jeez, Smackdown's women's division is like League 2 compared to Raw's Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

That vocal introduction for Eva Marie was one of the strangest things ever. And the boos were deafening also, wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Need to get Bayley up there. Nikki Bella would be a good addition too. Carmella's entrance always annoys me.

I can see the entire Smackdown women's division being traded to Raw for a couple of big names or tag teams.

Has Maryse completely stopped wrestling? She wasnt a bad wrestler before she left

Maryse is Awesome.

Smackdown's women's division looks pretty wretched.

Based on that are they going to fight for the sake of fighting?

Like is Becky Smackdowns no 1 woman wrestler and they are coming after her?

In all fairness though after the lads in the 6 Pak challenge del Rio Orton an miz then minis corbyn not much star power there.

Like I'd put Ziggler corbyn and crews at intercontinental level.

Do you know what would be a great start to the "New Era" Randy not hitting an RKO out of nowhere in these interviews.

Leave it to matches.

We all know Miz is going to get hit with an RKO.

Ok The New Era might be here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement