Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty visa debit card

Options
  • 26-07-2016 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi,

My visa debit card is showing up as fauly at ATMs and I can't withdraw money. 

I haven't had success contacting BOI directly on the helpline during the week (the 1890 251 251 number is alway busy) to put in an order for a new one. I was wondering if I can register for card care with a visa debit card? (Wasn't sure if it's just for credit cards or not). Alternatively is there another number I could call?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I had tried to purchase some groceries in my local shop within the last 20 minutes and my card didn't work at either the till or the ATM. Although; I had purchased an broadband pass from Meteor online before I went to the shop and it worked fine without an issue. 

I'm calling BOI on the phone now and I'm getting through very slowly with them as I'm currently on hold.  

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

I'm calling BOI on the phone now and I'm getting through very slowly with them as I'm currently on hold.  
    Yeah I've tried calling five times (I only stayed on the call for 15/20mins at a time though), the only time I got through was at the weekend and they said they could only place an order  for a new card if I called during normal working hours (Monday to Friday).

Let me know if it works out for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

ciara1052 wrote: »
    Yeah I've tried calling five times (I only stayed on the call for 15/20mins at a time though), the only time I got through was at the weekend and they said they could only place an order  for a new card if I called during normal working hours (Monday to Friday).

Let me know if it works out for you!

I stuck with them on the phone for about 32 minutes.

They said the issue was a temporary block on my card as it was something to do with verifying some transactions on it. They said they get rid of the block within 15 minutes after I finished their call at around 6pm. So I'm apparently in the clear.

I didn't order any new cards at all during that time as everything should work now. The visa debit card is the only card that I use to pay for things outside the house. I am glad that no major problems came of it. All should be good to go now. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi,

I haven't had success contacting BOI directly on the helpline during the week (the 1890 251 251 number is alway busy) to put in an order for a new one. I was wondering if I can register for card care with a visa debit card? (Wasn't sure if it's just for credit cards or not). Alternatively is there another number I could call?

Thanks!
    Good Morning ciara1052, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. Sorry to hear you were having difficulty in getting through to discuss your card, unfortunately you cannot register your Visa Debit Card on Card Care, as this is purely for Credit Cards. You can alternatively call 0818365365 or send a message to the Online Service Desk on your 365 Online account. 

Sorry to hear that you were experiencing difficulties with your card, but I'm glad you got this sorted out dublinman1990!

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

Hi,

Thanks!
    Good Morning ciara1052, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. Sorry to hear you were having difficulty in getting through to discuss your card, unfortunately you cannot register your Visa Debit Card on Card Care, as this is purely for Credit Cards. You can alternatively call 0818365365 or send a message to the Online Service Desk on your 365 Online account. 

Sorry to hear that you were experiencing difficulties with your card, but I'm glad you got this sorted out dublinman1990!

Evie 
    thanks! That seemed to work :) 
    I think when ordering a new card I may have placed the order twice...is there any way of checking/rectifying that? 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi ciara1052

Yes you can check this by logging in online, select our Online Service Desk facility and then the ''Ask A Question'' from the drop down menu. A colleague will be happy to look into this and reply back to you.

Hope this helps!

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement