Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with VRT

• 26-07-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So here's the deal,

I bought a vehicle in the UK in 2015. I planned on bringing it over immediately but I had no space to store it in my Irish residence so it was left in a relatives garage. I have always lived in Ireland, never in the UK. However, last week I finally brought it to Ireland as I created a bit of space for storage and I have the proof of shipping to prove.

I have V5C form, proof of address, proof of PPS, proof of identity.

I do not have the vehicles invoice (or at least I don't believe I do). The revenue website states that the invoice must show date of purchase on it. Considering the V5C shows the date of purchase, would that be sufficient?

I wasn't given a receipt because it was a private sale.

Am I good to go for VRT inspection or will I encounter a problem?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Your fine, V5 is the important one

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jangobobb

Your fine, V5 is the important one

Probably a stupid question but V5 and V5C are the same thing? I've seen different people use either one and it has confused me somewhat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

How did a thread about VRT find it's way into the Car Detailing forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moved to Buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

jangobobb wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but V5 and V5C are the same thing? I've seen different people use either one and it has confused me somewhat

same thing V5C is the official one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mark316

Have you vrt the car yet?

Wondering has anyone had any problems with vrt on extras? Bringing in a top spec Passat 14. Vrt on website is 3385 wondering will it cost more with extras?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭John_Mc

mark316 wrote: »
    Have you vrt the car yet?

Wondering has anyone had any problems with vrt on extras? Bringing in a top spec Passat 14. Vrt on website is 3385 wondering will it cost more with extras?

Thanks

Sorry to dig this up but did you find out an answer on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mark316

John_Mc wrote: »
    Sorry to dig this up but did you find out an answer on this?

Had the test yeaterday never did anything about extras

mark316 wrote: »
    Had the test yeaterday never did anything about extras

Good to know thanks. Will hopefully be bringing in a fully loaded car next week and don't have the budget to pay for any extra VRT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The VRT on any factory extras will be included in the VRT figure they charge you, I don't think they break down the figure.

Also the VRT calculator is a guide only, not a set in stone figure. It fluctuates up and down all the time due to many factors. You would need to allow yourself about +1k on top of that calculator's figure to be safe.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    The VRT on any factory extras will be included in the VRT figure they charge you, I don't think they break down the figure.

Also the VRT calculator is a guide only, not a set in stone figure. It fluctuates up and down all the time due to many factors. You would need to allow yourself about +1k on top of that calculator's figure to be safe.

Yeah I know it should but as of a few posts up, some people get away with it. Not many on here saying they were caught for it but depends on the day I suppose. Fingers crossed anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

The VIN shows the factory extras.

Advertisement