Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Service book

• 26-07-2016 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I got a new Honda crf250 2 months ago and is going in for its 1000km service. I didn't get a service history book to track the services when I bought it. On my car there is a book with a page per service showing what needs doing and a place for the garage to stamp it was done (as proof when I sell).

A. Does such a thing usually exist for bikes?
    B. Does this come with the first service? Or should I have it already.
    C. Are there generic ones just to record the services?
    D. Do I just keep all receipts?

Thanks
    Cian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

For me, services are recorded in the back of the bike manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Cian_ok

Paulw wrote: »
    For me, services are recorded in the back of the bike manual.

Unfortunately my bike manual is a pdf on a (very nice Honda-branded) memory stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

A lot of newer bikes don't come with service books, just like cars.

Instead they assume you'll be staying within the dealer network so your service history is on their computer.

Depending on what your plan is (keep it for a few years and trade in/up, or keep it for a longer and use a good indy mechanic), you should either just let the dealer keep the service record or get a folder and put all service receipts in it.

Or maybe both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

A folder full of receipts of the work done is better than a book with a few stamps. If you eventually go self servicing than include the receipts for parts purchased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Del2005 wrote: »
    A folder full of receipts of the work done is better than a book with a few stamps. If you eventually go self servicing than include the receipts for parts purchased.

+1

• Advertisement
Advertisement