Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petrol light

• 26-07-2016 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Hello Motor-heads. :)

I'm just wondering how much fuel is in the reserve when Petrol Light comes on? T.i.a.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

It depends on the car different makes and models have different reserves my car has an 8 litre reserve some might only have 5 litres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

You have 43.73 km left when the light comes on. Do not be tempted to go for 44.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

Just remove the bulb. Problem solved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Isn't it as easy to keep the tank full as it is to keep it empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

veetwin wrote: »

Only on rims smaller than 17' though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

veetwin wrote: »

Ah hold on, that's making the assumption the tyres are perfectly inflated. The general rule is 43.73km +/- 0.271 to allow for tyre variables. This would mean it may be OK to go beyond the 44km. Please correct the glaring error and misleading post ;) The op can clearly go to 44.1km in comfort with the knowledge provided here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

But it's not so easy to magic money outta yer a$$ unfortunately! :D. Car is 1.4.

43kms is that all?!? Ah I thought there'd be loads more than that! :/ That's only 1 single trip for me.... Arra shyte on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Ive a great idea but you need to keep it secret ok.
    *whispers* so there is this thing called google right, and its like magic.
    Put your car into the googley empty box and ask how many litres are in the reserve.
    When you do that right... Calculate your average litres per 100km and voila..
    But shhh last thing you want know is people finding out about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

But it's not so easy to magic money outta yer a$$ unfortunately! :D. Car is 1.4.

43kms is that all?!? Ah I thought there'd be loads more than that! :/ That's only 1 single trip for me.... Arra shyte on that.

So you need magic money to fill the tank? Funny how lots of people think they don't need as much money to keep driving into petrol stations every few days for 10-20 euro worth of petrol if anything it costs more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Hello Motor-heads. :)

I'm just wondering how much fuel is in the reserve when Petrol Light comes on? T.i.a.

What car, year and engine ? Town, motorway or country road mileage ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

40-60 miles on an average car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

about 40 km , always smart to keep one these full in the boot though :)

petrol-can-5l-petrol-1368621917-l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

pudzey101 wrote: »
    about 40 km , always smart to keep one these full in the boot though :)

petrol-can-5l-petrol-1368621917-l.jpg

Yes very smart indeed.
    Although not something you really want in your car in the event of an accident, a plastic container filled with a highly flammable liquid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

corsav6 wrote: »
    Yes very smart indeed.
    Although not something you really want in your car in the event of an accident, a plastic container filled with a highly flammable liquid.

The one time I got caught out ( ball of scrap, a tank of petrol would have been a significant percentage of the value) the petrol station was only charging €6 for one.

Which is pretty reasonable compared to what they charge for other stuff. Id hardly keep an empty one in the car and the fumes alone would put me off a full one never mind any potential for fiery accidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Thanks for kind help.

Can lock / delete this altogether. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'll close it.

For anyone wanting to know similar for their car, state make and model as it varies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement