Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous helicopter city centre today

Options
  • 26-07-2016 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

A small silver (2 seater) helicopter flew over my house in the city centre at what I think would be 100 ft at full speed at approximately 15.00 today. It was headed North West and then turned West over the university.

Did anyone else see or hear it?

It was so sudden the loud noise and rattling I thought there was going to be an accident.

I'm going to guess that it's a privately owned as I'd imagine that a commercial pilot would not risk his license with a irresponsible stunt like that as it's a clear violation of Irish Aviation regulations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Maybe the City Council or NRA had put roadworks signs in his flight path and he had to go off course.

Seriously though, it sounds strange. I didn't see a thing so I assume you're more towards the West.
    Are they doing flights from Glenlo Abbey this year I wonder? Then again he would be going the wrong way at that hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I see he's upgraded his equipment from a paraglider then.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

between the seagulls, the paraglider and now this helicopter, you are really not happy with anyone invading your airspace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Woe betide anyone who starts flying a drone over my gaff!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

you should buy a shotgun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Did you even bother to read the op?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Maybe it was a miniature helicopter and only 10 feet away ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

pure.conya wrote: »

Did you ?????

Did you ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

He IS the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

He is the OP:confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

He IS the OP.

Hahaha! classic!:D:D

<not nice>

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

A small silver (2 seater) helicopter flew over my house in the city centre at what I think would be 100 ft at full speed at approximately 15.00 today. It was headed North West and then turned West over the university.

Did anyone else see or hear it?

It was so sudden the loud noise and rattling I thought there was going to be an accident.

I'm going to guess that it's a privately owned as I'd imagine that a commercial pilot would not risk his license with a irresponsible stunt like that as it's a clear violation of Irish Aviation regulations.

was it a 2 seater helicopter or a drone that flew over your house? and what exactly do you think you'll do if somebody does decide to fly a drone over your gaff?
    Did you ?????

yes and it had absolutely nothing to do with drones
    Did you ?????

heard you the first time ;)
    He IS the OP.

that he is and what confused me was the fact in his opening post he was giving out about a 2 man helicopter and then goes off on a tangent regarding a drone in his own thread
    Polo_Mint wrote: »
    He is the OP:confused:

see above

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

that he is and what confused me was the fact in his opening post he was giving out about a 2 man helicopter and then goes off on a tangent regarding a drone in his own thread

He was making a joke in reply to the post about invading his airspace. It went over your head (like the helicopter).

Advertisement